Some1's Goin

DBAHO

Sorry if this is old news but I saw this in Ken's Rosenthal's Inside Dish which I think is once of the best baseball pages on da net. Very informitive.

The White Sox offered RHP Bartolo Colon a three-year deal for reportedly between $30 million and $36 million, prompting one G.M. to remark, "I'm waiting for them to trade (RF Magglio) Ordonez or trade (LF Carlos) Lee. There's no way their payroll computes."

Ordonez is owed $14 million next season, and Lee stands to earn at least $6 million in arbitration. The White Sox's payroll, $51 million this season, likely will be in the range of $55 million-$60 million.

Frank Robinson wants to manage the Expos next season regardless of the team's potential travel issues and budgetary restrictions.

"That stuff doesn't bother me," Robinson says. "It gets a little old once in a while, gets to you. You catch your breath and go on."

Damn I wanted Robinson too.

That is pure speculation on that GM's part.  It may come to that, but he really doesn't know what the front office's plans are.

With the twins about to lose 3 of their "stars" the sox are f***ing idiots if they dont do EVERYTHING within their means to put a winner out on the field.............

With the twins about to lose 3 of their "stars" the sox are f***ing idiots if they dont do EVERYTHING within their means to put a winner out on the field.............

Any ideas on what da Twins payroll is gonna be for next season. I've heard from $40 mill to $45 mill, but I don't know if that's rite.

IIRC the Twins payroll was about $60 mil this year.  I know for a fact that their payroll was higher than the Sox was.

That'd be right. I know that they won't be payin Rick Reed $8 million again in 2004, but they'll lose some more players probs as well. The only way our payroll goes up is if more ppl park their asses in da seats at US Cell.

That is pure speculation on that GM's part.  It may come to that, but he really doesn't know what the front office's plans are.

This is the year we find out if Jerry Reinsdorf is really serious about winning. He allowed KW to make some mid-season moves and didn't wave a white flag like 1997. We have a really really good team in place and I don't think wholesale moves are in order, nor do I think trading your stars is either. I can see the possibility that we don't keep Roberto Alomar or Carl Everett unless they agree to contract cuts. If Alomar doesn't return I think Willie Harris and Aaron Miles will compete for the 2B position. Everett leaves and Rowand, Reed and Borchard compete for CF. They canned Jerry Manuel because he coudn't win with who he had and I don't think you bring in someone new and trade your star players away.

This is the year we find out if Jerry Reinsdorf is really serious about winning. He allowed KW to make some mid-season moves and didn't wave a white flag like 1997. We have a really really good team in place and I don't think wholesale moves are in order, nor do I think trading your stars is either. I can see the possibility that we don't keep Roberto Alomar or Carl Everett unless they agree to contract cuts. If Alomar doesn't return I think Willie Harris and Aaron Miles will compete for the 2B position. Everett leaves and Rowand, Reed and Borchard compete for CF. They canned Jerry Manuel because he coudn't win with who he had and I don't think you bring in someone new and trade your star players away.

KW made moves but he didn't take on salary. He basically sold 6 minor leaguers to Texas and the Mets for the free services of Alomar and Everett. JR did s*** for this. We could've gotten these guys for nothing if we took their salary, see the cub and priate relationship. If JR was serious we would have picked up a pitcher. the ballpark will be empty next year unless some serious moves are made. JM should've been gone in May and this killed us in the end. The noise was made last year and we lost a-lot of minor leaguers becasue JR refusing to be serious about winning. The deeper into the playoffs the cub goes, the further the Sox fall on the scope of those fence sitting fans and there are a ton of them. I know for one there will be no renewal and Opening Day is the only game I really want to go to. The next week in the scene of the Chicago White Sox is bigger than just the cub going to the World Series it could be the nail in the coffin as far as our impact on this city. For some reason I feel JR is oblivious to this as he sits in the desert. Rent won't be an issue.

As much as I can't take his stance on homosexuality, I am completely in agreement with BMR on this. The Central is so ripe for the taking, Sox management is absolutely dropping the ball if they don't nake a push to win next year.

I read that the Twins are gonna trade A.J Pierzinski for a couple of young Relivers. Now is the Sox time. Cleveland is gonna get good Mighty fast and K.C already surprised.

That's not too suprising with Joe Mauer comi up thru da minors and Hawkins and Guardado probably goin to leav this offseason.

they're also going to lose Shannon Stewart and maybe Mienky.

Terry Ryan isn't Gord Ash or for all you KW-haters, KW. He'll retain Shannon Stewart at all costs, even if it means getting rid of Jones or Mohr(which will almost undoubtedly happen).

If you don't think that Ryan and the entire front office didn't see that Stewart brought the spark to the Twins that they desperately needed, then you need to open your eyes. I could see Stewart staying there for like $5 mill a year in all actuality.

And they won't lose Mientkiewicz. If they get rid of Mientkiewicz, they're dumbasses. Aside from Stewart, he's quite possibly the best all-around hitter on the team. He hits the ball(hit .300 this year), he draws walks, he can hit for some power, he's clutch, and I know he hits sac flies too. This NOT mentioning what he can do defensively. If they get rid of Mientkiewicz, they're dumbasses and should be slapped.....b****slapped by us this season, that is.

But I do think Guardado and Hawkins are gone. Atleast one of them is atleast. Hawkins will be asking for $3-5 mill a year, and the Twins won't spend that much on a reliever when Rincon came in and did a damn good job out of the pen this year, and Grant Balfour has some pretty damn good stuff too(good enough to be a solid reliever anyways). And if they need to get a lefty to replace Guardado, they will get one. Cheap lefties about as abundant as cows on a dairy farm. Most of those lefties probably aren't very good though.

Sorry if this is old news but I saw this in Ken's Rosenthal's Inside Dish which I think is once of the best baseball pages on da net. Very informitive.

The White Sox offered RHP Bartolo Colon a three-year deal for reportedly between $30 million and $36 million, prompting one G.M. to remark, "I'm waiting for them to trade (RF Magglio) Ordonez or trade (LF Carlos) Lee. There's no way their payroll computes."

Ordonez is owed $14 million next season, and Lee stands to earn at least $6 million in arbitration. The White Sox's payroll, $51 million this season, likely will be in the range of $55 million-$60 million.

Frank Robinson wants to manage the Expos next season regardless of the team's potential travel issues and budgetary restrictions.

"That stuff doesn't bother me," Robinson says. "It gets a little old once in a while, gets to you. You catch your breath and go on."

Damn I wanted Robinson too.

Ken rosenthal is a nutsack. he rips and rips and rips on the sox and is all about the twinshe said something in the sporting news a couple weeks back about elo not even being in the top 3 for cy young, forget his exact words, but he was taking his shots.

I'm getting sick of our payroll issues. Chicago is a f***ing major market. The lesser haves are suppose to be b****ing about us. NY, LA, and Chicago. We should be able to support a payroll at least in the mid 70s to mid 80's

I know it's one of those unsubstantuated comments with nothing to back it but damn when the Twins, Astros, Rangers, etc. can spend more.

The fact that the Twins payroll was higher than ours, and then they added Kenny Rogers just before the season, is insulting to Sox fans. The fact that Rogers signed with the Twins and not us actually was the difference maker in the AL central.

The fact that the Twins payroll was higher than ours, and then they added Kenny Rogers just before the season, is insulting to Sox fans.  The fact that Rogers signed with the Twins and not us actually was the difference maker in the AL central.

I don't know about that. I think if Rogers goes elsewhere, Santana is in rotation all year long.

This is the year we find out if Jerry Reinsdorf is really serious about winning. I don't think wholesale moves are in order, nor do I think trading your stars is either. I don't think you bring in someone new and trade your star players away.

1. This is the year we find out about Reinsdorf???? Where have you been since 1980? We have found out already, many times over.

2. Trading away stars after bringing in a new manager - I'd bet that one of KW's interview questions covers the "possibility" of having to make economically motivated personnel decisions.