Sick of This

Chisoxfn

Thats against human nature, if someone calls you a crackhead (you did apologize but still) you're going to defend yourself.

Oh yeah? CW attacked everything he could think of and i just laughed it off and kept watching the game...... :huh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah?  CW attacked everything he could think of and i just laughed it off and kept watching the game...... :huh:

I guess, but people react differently. I'm more like you, people make fun of me all the time and I don't acknowledge them, but not everyone can do this. I thought the joke at the beginning of the thread was blown way out of proportion and didn't get involved until Roman advocated violence against gays. That is crossing the line and shouldn't be allowed.

I guess, but people react differently.  I'm more like you, people make fun of me all the time and I don't acknowledge them, but not everyone can do this.  I thought the joke at the beginning of the thread was blown way out of proportion and didn't get involved until Roman advocated violence against gays.  That is crossing the line and shouldn't be allowed.

Agreed. But again, if something truly offends you, walk away and report it. Problem solved.

Agreed. But again, if something truly offends you, walk away and report it.  Problem solved.

And you report it and the perpetrators get a slap on the wrist because the admins either don't want to or don't have the balls to do anything to stop it when the same thing has happened twice and a person has been suspended for a week 2 times in the very recent past.

And you report it and the perpetrators get a slap on the wrist because the admins either don't want to or don't have the balls to do anything to stop it when the same thing has happened twice and a person has been suspended for a week 2 times in the very recent past.

Thats their business dude...........One thing you could learn, youre responsible for your own emotions. NOONE else has the power over them. In fact, you dont get too emotional, so maybe you dont need to learn. But others do........

Thats their business dude...........One thing you could learn, youre responsible for your own emotions.  NOONE else has the power over them.  In fact, you dont get too emotional, so maybe you dont need to learn.  But others do........

At the same time, people need to become more responsible for what they write on these boards too.

Thats their business dude...........One thing you could learn, youre responsible for your own emotions.  NOONE else has the power over them.  In fact, you dont get too emotional, so maybe you dont need to learn.  But others do........

I'm just saying that Jas says "Be decent" and slaps Clu on the wrist with a week suspension saying that it should never happen again or there will be bigger consequences.

Then Craftsman advocates the beating of gays and Clu calls CW a pedophile. Yet again, one week suspensions.

Wow, such harsh punishments. Really laying the hammer down to fight intolerance.

At the same time, people need to become more responsible for what they write on these boards too.

I agree. Im just saying there are two sides. APU and cw have "attacked" me many times. I dont want them "suspended", and not once did i even get a little emotional. Its on you man, your life and emotions are on YOU.......

I'm just saying that Jas says "Be decent" and slaps Clu on the wrist with a week suspension saying that it should never happen again or there will be bigger consequences.

Then Craftsman advocates the beating of gays and Clu calls CW a pedophile.  Yet again, one week suspensions.

Wow, such harsh punishments.  Really laying the hammer down to fight intolerance.

WHy do you care so much? Its their site. You dont run it, I dont run it. And to correct you, clujer didnt say he was a ped, roman did............

I agree.  Im just saying there are two sides.  APU and cw have "attacked" me many times.  I dont want them "suspended", and not once did i even get a little emotional. Its on you man, your life and emotions are on YOU.......

Ok. So we're on the same page. Its nice to "argue" with someone who has reason. Trying to argue with Roman is like arguing with a brick wall. :banghead

I agree.  Im just saying there are two sides.  APU and cw have "attacked" me many times.  I dont want them "suspended", and not once did i even get a little emotional. Its on you man, your life and emotions are on YOU.......

Then again, he never called you a pedophile or an AIDS infected f***** hypocrite either.

And actually Clujer did call CW a pedophile:

"So in addition to being a hypocrite, a cocaine addict, and an (most likely) AIDS infected f*****, he's also a pedophile? NICE."

Then again, he never called you a pedophile or an AIDS infected f***** hypocrite either.

"So in addition to being a hypocrite, a cocaine addict, and an (most likely) AIDS infected f*****, he's also a pedophile? NICE."

THat was a question. Also, To ME, being called a ped isnt as bad as always telling me that im no good and not going to heaven and all that.....but whatever. I dont advocate what any of those people said, and ive made a couple mistakes of my own, but come one man, lets lighten up a little.

Ok.  So we're on the same page.  Its nice to "argue" with someone who has reason.  Trying to argue with Roman is like arguing with a brick wall. :banghead

Luv da smiley there. There's certainly been some good new 1's being added da last few days.

Jason, you seem to be a reasonable man. You let things go until it get's out of hand, then you step in and try and quell the turmoil in the least restrictive and least punitive means possible. I respect your approach and support you 100%.

THat was a question. Also, To ME, being called a ped isnt as bad as always telling me that im no good and not going to heaven and all that.....but whatever. I dont advocate what any of those people said, and ive made a couple mistakes of my own, but come one man, lets lighten up a little.

you once again are a liar.

No one ever said you weren't going to heaven. In fact, the opposite was stated, that you would receive much love from God and much grace.

Your lies are astounding, just astounding. You are the king of personal attacks. And you are the master of lies.

I read that as sarcasm. Perhaps I'm wrong though. After the garbage I've read on this board lately, nothing would surprise me.

I read that as sarcasm. Perhaps I'm wrong though. After the garbage I've read on this board lately, nothing would surprise me.

I took it to be a way for him to say it without looking like it was his thought.

Jason, you seem to be a reasonable man.  You let things go until it get's out of hand, then you step in and try and quell the turmoil in the least restrictive and least punitive means possible.  I respect your approach and support you 100%.

I feel the same way.

If people don't like the way things are run here, then I suggest leaving. No one is holding anybody here forcefully. There are many other sites you can go to talk about these issues. Don't f*** it up for the rest of us that are here, primarily to talk White Sox baseball or at least keeping the discussions away from political, religous or sexuality topics.

Keep up the good work guys! This is your site and we are merely guests. :headbang

I've tried really hard to stay out of this whole argument thing that has been going back and forth for a while. And trust me with my big mouth I have had to try really hard. I have to say that for the most part I think the people on both sides of [insert issue here] (it doesn't matter what issue, it always breaks down the same way) have conducted themselves like self absorbed, 13 year old, ass holes with tourette syndrome. I don't want to admit I agree with either side on any issue because I don't want to associate with any of you after they way you've acted. Not one side better than the other.

The only people that have shown any redeeming qualities at all in this whole thing is Jas and the other moderators (well the ones not involved in the scuffle any way). They have struggled to figure out the right thing to do to handle the situation in the best way possible in order to coddle the ungrateful masses. I'm not advocating thread closures or bannings or anything like that but we are a far way from Nazi-ism here, or WSI for that matter. And personally I'd enjoy the board alot more without all this crap.

marte you're 100% right.

And I don't want people to stop with the garbage so I don't have to deal with it, but so jason and mario don't have to deal with it. They're trying to make this place into the best sox community out there and all this bulls*** that people are perpetuating is detrimental to the site. The thing is, the people who are fighting aren't the ones who will end up leaving, it's the people who aren't fighting and have something of value to contribute that will get turned off and leave, and that sucks.

marte you're 100% right.

And I don't want people to stop with the garbage so I don't have to deal with it, but so jason and mario don't have to deal with it. They're trying to make this place into the best sox community out there and all this bulls*** that people are perpetuating is detrimental to the site. The thing is, the people who are fighting aren't the ones who will end up leaving, it's the people who aren't fighting and have something of value to contribute that will get turned off and leave, and that sucks.

Correct me if im wrong, but werent you two involved in a similar type of thread over at wsi? :huh:

I've tried really hard to stay out of this whole argument thing that has been going back and forth for a while.  And trust me with my big mouth I have had to try really hard.  I have to say that for the most part I think the people on both sides of [insert issue here] (it doesn't matter what issue, it always breaks down the same way) have conducted themselves like self absorbed, 13 year old, ass holes with tourette syndrome.  I don't want to admit I agree with either side on any issue because I don't want to associate with any of you after they way you've acted.  Not one side better than the other.

The only people that have shown any redeeming qualities at all in this whole thing is Jas and the other moderators (well the ones not involved in the scuffle any way).  They have struggled to figure out the right thing to do to handle the situation in the best way possible in order to coddle the ungrateful masses.  I'm not advocating thread closures or bannings or anything like that but we are a far way from Nazi-ism here, or WSI for that matter.  And personally I'd enjoy the board alot more without all this crap.

OMG. I'm sorry bj but I was LMAO @ your post remembering back to my "welcome" posts from you my first week here... we've come a long way baby!! ;)