Eloy officially got paid

Jose Abreu

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

The guy who played 140+ games at SS in 2018 isn't a SS? Makes sense. Moving forward, I'd still rather have Moncada at 3rd anyway.

Lol, nothing like doubling down on stupid.

He’s played 3B the vast majority of his career. He asked the Orioles to play SS basically to improve his FA stock and prove he could play there. He did play SS for LAD, because ya know, their SS was hurt. 

Hes an elite 3B, and was going to play 3B no matter where he signed. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, nothing like doubling down on stupid.

He’s played 3B the vast majority of his career. He asked the Orioles to play SS basically to improve his FA stock and prove he could play there. He did play SS for LAD, because ya know, their SS was hurt. 

Hes an elite 3B, and was going to play 3B no matter where he signed. 

Hes not elite at anything. Hes very good.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Is Giancarlo Stanton great? I certainly don't think so.

Giancarlo is not elite but he's great if you take the subjectivity out of the equation. 40 WAR before age 29 season. 34.5 WAR during 7 year peak, and average 7 year peak for HOF'er at his position is 42.1 WAR.  Manny got bigger AAV than Stanton, and is considered to be better subjectively and statistically.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

You're very bad at this. 

The only thing you can really take issue with is the "future fat guy" comment. He was a SS last year. He wasn't very good there. Hes not elite, but he is very good overall. I'm not really seeing the issue. Elite players don't sign with the Padres or Sox. I guess not thinking Machado is a future hall of famer is somehow offensive. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Who is Stephen Smith?

Do you live under a rock?  I am now convinced you live under a rock.  Or aren't much of a sports fan. 

10 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The only thing you can really take issue with is the "future fat guy" comment. He was a SS last year. He wasn't very good there. Hes not elite, but he is very good overall. I'm not really seeing the issue. Elite players don't sign with the Padres or Sox. I guess not thinking Machado is a future hall of famer is somehow offensive. 

We can certainly take issue with you saying that he is not "elite" at anything.  Manny Machado is a phenomenal defensive 3B.  You said he wasn't good defensively.  The list of better defenders at 3B is at most 2 players.  

13 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

No one would disagree with you about him not being an elite shortstop. In fact, no one is even saying that he is one. It's not the position he will be playing go forward. This is why you come off as not being a good baseball observer or not paying attention to some here.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You really think him signing with the Padres is a good argument for why he's not elite?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sarava said:

I don't get not liking the Jimenez deal. Even if he ends up being terrible, in big league dollar terms, it's a small loss. If he ends up being good, it's a great deal and buys the extra year.

Now Machado - that's a different story. I'll be disappointed if Sox fans let JR, Hahn and KW off the hook on this one. That's what they want - for us all to forget it and move on.

There isn't much we can do as Sox fans except take the beatings like a man and hope for better days. Attendance will be low again this year as the team sputters through another rough year. JR can't live forever. We may just have to hunker down for another decade or so and wait the old man out. 

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Do you live under a rock?  I am now convinced you live under a rock.  Or aren't much of a sports fan. 

We can certainly take issue with you saying that he is not "elite" at anything.  Manny Machado is a phenomenal defensive 3B.  You said he wasn't good defensively.  The list of better defenders at 3B is at most 2 players.  

I would never call myself a sports fan, that's for sure. I like baseball though.