May 3rd | Sawx @ Sox | 7:10pm CT | Sale vs ReyLo

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox need Anderson and Moncada to get out of their May doldrums fast. They can't keep winning without them hitting. Won't be getting McCann and Delmonico HR's to win too many games.

Yep. We should know better. If Moncada and Anderson go back to who they were last year for the rest of the season, then I think it is fair to say that the rebuild is cooked. The AL has adjusted to Moncada's new approach, and it is up to him to adjust back. I like Moncada's skillset, but I don't know if he's ever going to hit if he keeps getting a steady diet of breaking balls. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox need Anderson and Moncada to get out of their May doldrums fast. They can't keep winning without them hitting. Won't be getting McCann and Delmonico HR's to win too many games.

I worship Tim but he has only two walks all season. His batting average will eventually suffer cause of his swinging at everything. He is who he is but a free swinger like TA is going to ultimately suffer.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yep. We should know better. If Moncada and Anderson go back to who they were last year for the rest of the season, then I think it is fair to say that the rebuild is cooked. The AL has adjusted to Moncada's new approach, and it is up to him to adjust back. I like Moncada's skillset, but I don't know if he's ever going to hit if he keeps getting a steady diet of breaking balls. 

I'm not worried about the rebuild . Baseball ebbs and flows . Players have good months and bad months but still need contributions from our best players to win and they are 2 of our best.

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm not worried about the rebuild . Baseball ebbs and flows . Players have good months and bad months but still need contributions from our best players to win and they are 2 of our best.

While true, that players go through hot streaks and slumps, nobody has enough of a track record to make any grand proclamations. I'm not worried at the moment, but if this season goes south for Moncada it starts to look bleak. 

I don't trust the Sox to give their young hitters the tools they need to be successful. Their advance scouting is beyond awful. I think a lot of their hitters would be better if they played for another team. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love  for Moncada to become a star. There's not enough evidence one way or another yet that he's turned a corner. What we've seen so far is promising, but we all have to see more 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Stone is so good an analyst with Bennetti. I bet deep down he's so happy he doesn't have to try to get along with Hawk, who some games was OK later in his career, others very crabby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Amazing how many 2 strike hits he has batting righty 

Last year he strikeouts right there. No doubt.

Wow I'm shocked Ricky let Moncada steal. 

Edited by SoxAce

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic