Boston @ Chicago, 5/4/19, 6:10, GT

soxfan49

31 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe I'm naive, but it'll be interesting to see if Cooper truly has lifetime job security. His results have been so poor over the last ~5 or so years, I could see the Sox transitioning him to a scouting role after this season.

But I'm probably wrong and he'll be here until he decides to retire regardless of how bad his results are.

He is 63 years old, he’s got to be getting pretty close to retirement.  I appreciate his past contributions, but it definitely time for him to go.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Too early to tell about the Sox rebuild. Just like with prospect development, rebuilds aren't necessarily linear. We might have to suffer through another two or 3 years of bad baseball before we see any light at the end of the tunnel. 

That would make it 6 years of a 3-5 year rebuild.  Still think it's too early to tell? 

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

It's funny, but I completely disagree when Hahn says development isn't linear.  It seems in the last decade or so, it's been pretty rare for a prospect to completely tank in a season and then go on to excel for the rest of their career.  For every Roy Halladay, there's hundreds of guys that just faded away.

I kind of agree with you, and if that is the case then we can already write off Moncada, Jimenez, Giolito and Lopez. The rebuild looks pretty bleak with those guys being nothing more than average MLB regulars. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Didn't like that AB by Moncada. It was like he gave Rodriguez that strikeout. 

Yep, he's getting too many 0-2 and 1-2 counts again.  He hasn't hit a ball with authority in a long time.  Hopefully he does well against Porcello tomorrow, as that's a good matchup for him.  These games would be much more manageable if him and Anderson weren't seeing their numbers free falling.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He is 63 years old, he’s got to be getting pretty close to retirement.  I appreciate his past contributions, but it definitely time for him to go.

Agreed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, he's getting too many 0-2 and 1-2 counts again.  He hasn't hit a ball with authority in a long time.  Hopefully he does well against Porcello tomorrow, as that's a good matchup for him.  These games would be much more manageable if him and Anderson weren't seeing their numbers free falling.

Moncada, even with the slump, is still going 1-3 with a single and a walk or 1-4 with a single every night. I'll take that out of a slump. I agree with you about him hitting the ball with authority. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

23 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

That would make it 6 years of a 3-5 year rebuild.  Still think it's too early to tell? 

Whoever said a successful rebuild should take 3-5 years? What the Cubs and Astros did is an anomaly. The Sox rebuild is on its own trajectory. If the Sox ain't gonna pony up $ in FA then we are most definitely looking at a 6 to 7 year rebuild easy. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Whoever said a successful rebuild should take 3-5 years? What the Cubs and Astros did is an anomaly. The Sox rebuild is on its own trajectory. If the Sox ain't gonna pony up $ in FA then we are most definitely looking at a 6 to 7 year rebuild easy. 

There is no successful rebuild if they don't spend significant money.  They're not good enough developing prospects.  I know one report recently came out that said they're the worst in baseball, and equally as bad at developing hitters as they are pitchers.

• Like 2

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Abreu has driven both our runs so let’s blame him for us losing. Let’s get a grip on reality please

I say this all the time but I've never seen a fanbase hate one of its best players so much. It's a shame 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I say this all the time but I've never seen a fanbase hate one of its best players so much. It's a shame 

I agree.  I can’t figure it out either. Looking at the scores we aren’t the only ones getting whacked. The Angels are down 14-2