Sox @ Indians (510pm CT)

ChiSox59

19 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

If you listen to Sox beat, McCann is getting glowing reviews from the pitchers as well.  If this is truly the player we're seeing I hope he sticks.

Sox 10-7 in games started by McCann at catcher this year. About to be 11-7... Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sox 10-7 in games started by McCann at catcher this year. About to be 11-7... Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Both he and Welly also caught 16 games a piece, ERA high 4s for McCann mid 6s for Welly.

3 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Both he and Welly also caught 16 games a piece, ERA high 4s for McCann mid 6s for Welly.

Catcher ERA has been largely abandoned for a reason. But you have to be blind to not see how much better McCann is as a receiver.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

Just now, justBLAZE said:

Catchers matter. And the Sox haven’t had a decent defensive catcher in a long time it seems. For this reason alone, I was thankful they dumped Narvaez and signed McCann even if McCann only puts up a .650 OPS at the plate.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sorry for being a really negative folks, ir was a frustrating series and It shouldn't have surprised me that they got torched by the Sawx. That is a helluva lineup

Meanwhile, Red Sox down 4-1 in the 5th to the Orioles.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Anyone else rather have Delmonico DH when Jimenez returns rather than Alonso? 

Nicky can hit. 

He was one of these prospects (albeit not a top prospect) who immediately raked after getting the call in his rookie season. Last year was kinda lost with injuries. 

I‘d rather see him than Alonso..

Nicky is also a quality dude, you can‘t help but root for him. Not that Yonder isn‘t mind you.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Nicky can hit. 

He was one of these prospects (albeit not a top prospect) who immediately raked after getting the call in his rookie season. Last year was kinda lost with injuries. 

I‘d rather see him than Alonso..

Nicky is also a quality dude, you can‘t help but root for him. Not that Yonder isn‘t mind you.

Actually both he and Jimenez can DH. 

• Like 1