05/29 Games #CeaseDay

KnightsOnMintSt

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

2-3 today.

He always had a more acceptable form of failure in birmingham as his krate didn't explode. Now he can begin that climb as he gets used to the stuff/timing.

So I was always cool with Robert skipping AAA if he demolishes AA but seeing his production to date, which is great but not "demolishing", I think moving him up to AAA in July and seeing what he does before making an August decision on bringing him up makes sense. 

Do the slimmer Sept rosters start this year?

Just now, bmags said:

So I was always cool with Robert skipping AAA if he demolishes AA but seeing his production to date, which is great but not "demolishing", I think moving him up to AAA in July and seeing what he does before making an August decision on bringing him up makes sense. 

next when the roster goes to 26

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

His OPS is over .900 in that park. I'd say that's pretty close to demolishing because Eloy's was right around there, too.

Either way, I agree. Send him to AAA to finish the year on 7/1 and then have him start 2020 in Chicago in CF. Get another top 12 pick and let's do the damn thing.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

His OPS is over .900 in that park. I'd say that's pretty close to demolishing because Eloy's was right around there, too.

Either way, I agree. Send him to AAA to finish the year on 7/1 and then have him start 2020 in Chicago in CF. Get another top 12 pick and let's do the damn thing.

Right and I think Eloy should have gone to AAA. But if he recreated his A+ show then there didn't seem to be a need for AAA.

He's really good! But yeah AAA will be good to get some pitchers that will throw only breaking/offspeed stuff at him to see how he handles it. I'm guessing few AA pitchers can command offspeed enough to pound zone with it.

Just now, joejoedairy said:

He and Basabe are both in a position where a good second half would keep them on a pretty good development timeline. 

Rutherford will have to repeat AA. 

Unfortuntaely it appears that Rutherford is on the Trey M and Spencer Adams path. 

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

IF you're gonna start him in Chicago in 2020, may as well just get him up here in August this year, no? 

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I like this plan.

Keep in mind Eloy had over 800+ more AB's in the minors than Robert before he hit AAA. Obviously development is linear with some (and Robert did play in a pro league as a youngster) but he hasn't been Juan Soto good either. I like him hitting AAA this year too though to finish out the year. We'll see where he's at in 2020. 

Personally, I can't wait to see him in the futures game (which he will be a shoe in to be picked).

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Keep in mind Eloy had over 800+ more AB's in the minors than Robert before he hit AAA. Obviously development is linear with some (and Robert did play in a pro league as a youngster) but he hasn't been Juan Soto good either. I like him hitting AAA this year too though to finish out the year. We'll see where he's at in 2020. 

Personally, I can't wait to see him in the futures game (which he will be a shoe in to be picked).

Robert and Eloy are also pretty close to the same age though. I'm not worried about the gap in their at bats. 

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He has been Juan Soto good though. Soto had 245 and 171 wRC+ in A+ and AA prior to being called up last year.  Robert has 296 and 162 wRC+ at those two levels this year 

• Like 1

Robert started 0/10 and is slashing (not including today) .342/.388/.595 since then. That would be tied for 4th best OPS in AA  (min 80 PA) and after today's performance he'd be sitting at #2 I'm pretty sure. Yeah, he's not absolutely obliterating the league like he did with A+, but he might already be the best player in AA. I don't have a problem with him getting time in AAA, but if his line is still around that level at the All-Star break I'd rather he just come up and get a chance to prove himself at the big league level.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be, but can we still just keep talking about Robert anyway? It's more fun than about any other aspect of the White Sox org right now.

How does he hit so many triples to left? I cannot wait to watch this guy every day.

Edited by TomPickle
i broke twitter