GT: Tigers (27-54) @ White Sox (41-42), July 4

soxfan49

Jason and Stoney were just discussing Boyd, apparently Detroit is asking for a "Quintana-like return, a 1-2 [ranked prospects".

Anyone think Boyd is actually this good? I would be pissssed if my team gave up a 1 OR a 2 for him, let alone both. Probably just setting a high first price, but that seems stupid high.

4 minutes ago, Jake said:

Probably a reverse jinx, but Rondon is every bit as bad offensively as Yonder Alonso was. How much more rope do we give him?

At present we don't have any other backup infielders. He has a roster spot for at least several weeks. 

Why he is a regular starter at positions like DH and 1b I cannot say other than to shrug confusedly at the manager.

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Jason and Stoney were just discussing Boyd, apparently Detroit is asking for a "Quintana-like return, a 1-2 [ranked prospects".

Anyone think Boyd is actually this good? I would be pissssed if my team gave up a 1 OR a 2 for him, let alone both. Probably just setting a high first price, but that seems stupid high.

He has 3+ years of control remaining so it isn't wrong to ask for a ranked prospect or two in return for a guy like that, but Eloy was I believe consensus top 10-top 15 at the time so Eloy was worth a lot more than your standard ranked prospect.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

He has 3+ years of control remaining so it isn't wrong to ask for a ranked prospect or two in return for a guy like that, but Eloy was I believe consensus top 10-top 15 at the time so Eloy was worth a lot more than your standard ranked prospect.

It doesn't hurt to inquire. 

There's no reason to Target Boyd. This team has been shedding payroll for years with the intent of spending big in FA for holes. Don't trade your prospects yet. If they don't sign a big named pitcher this off-season, the rebuild was destined to fail anyway most likely. 

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The control is nice, but he has 400IP of below average pitching before this year. Has he introduced a new pitch or something else that makes this transformation likely to be permanent? If not, I'd hate to give up that much to get him.