GT: Tigers (27-54) @ White Sox (41-42), July 4

soxfan49

Just now, Orlando said:

This place is weird. The Sox had a huge day yesterday and the game thread today actually has conversation about the Cubs. 

I don't live in Chicago, never have.  Visited plenty but I just don't get the obsession.  I guess maybe if I lived in Chicago it would be different.  For most of my life the Cubs were a laughing stock it appears their recent success has stung some prideful Sox fans but for me personally I really don't GAF. 

I enjoy the lamentings of Bleed Cubbie Blue as much as the next guy but these constant comparisons between the clubs get old.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Detroits lineup is pretty shit.  Wasn't it against Det that Lopez had that 14k game?   Hopefully he dominates and ends the first half on a good note.  

yes he's dominated them this year.  if he can't pitch well today well, damn.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There is much chance you'll be forced to purchase the cub network as a part of basic cable sports packages. They will not bundle that network with the key networks in its first year. It'll be a seperate add.

Cut the cord ( not literally) , get a smart TV and buy whatever choice of streaming TV package you want or just go totally free and Add the streaming MLB package. No sense paying cable or Direct TV satellite services any more.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Rondon is more of a head scratcher than Alonso. Alonso at least at one time seemed like a legit middle of the order bat.

I realize Renteria's obsession with the whole lefty/righty thing.  But if Rondon must play, why the hell is he batting 6th?  The 7-8-9 hitters all have batting averages at least 50 points higher than Rondon.  Shouldn't  your worst hitter (by far) be batting 9th, ala pitchers in the NL?

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

The treatment of Collins is starting to become a serious issue for me. If you don't want to play the guy half the time, leave him in AAA! What the fuck is this?

I would imagine learning what he can from McCann is part of the equation.

45 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Detroits lineup is pretty shit.  Wasn't it against Det that Lopez had that 14k game?   Hopefully he dominates and ends the first half on a good note.  

ReyLo has dominated the bad offenses this year (and been dominated by average and up offenses :( ), so I feel like we have a good shot today

Did anyone notice when Candelario had his little fit yesterday after he walked into a pitch and it caught him on the right hand, he used his right hand to slam down his helmet? He was halfway to 1B as well, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt on delayed pain.