Palka optioned

soxfan49

5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's a sign of progress that the org is finally able to start filtering out these guys that have maybe 1 tool at best that is MLB quality and replacing them with guys that actually have 2-3 tools and are able to contribute in different aspects to a 25 man roster.  Cordell is a good example.  Not a great player or even an average one, really just a 4th OF, but a legit good RF, a capable CF and a guy that can run into one on occasion if he gets a start.  He can contribute to a winning club if used properly.  Palka types cannot and the Sox have had way too many of those types lately.

I agree the list needs to be 6 or 7 more filtered out by start of 2020

Edited by Soxfest

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

lol cordell…..

are those serious posts?

I could see Cordell maybe as a 4th outfielder or so moving forward depending on the progress of some of the other minor league outfielders in the system but certainly not as a regular.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:24 PM, harkness99 said:

Dunno.. he had 27 home runs in 124 games.      I think the white sox are like 25th in the mlb in Home runs.  We could use more.

Listen I get it - Palka can't run or play defense.

And its funny to make fun of him now and make jokes and give each other high fives about how he was a bum.

But I remember him hitting some late inning game winning home runs.

But whatever, He like 70% of these players won't be a part of this team when it really matters anyway.

I take no pleasure in seeing guys like Palka and Nicky get sent down.  However, you and I both know they don't belong on a championship team.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, harkness99 said:

Dunno.. he had 27 home runs in 124 games.      I think the white sox are like 25th in the mlb in Home runs.  We could use more.

Listen I get it - Palka can't run or play defense.

And its funny to make fun of him now and make jokes and give each other high fives about how he was a bum.

But I remember him hitting some late inning game winning home runs.

But whatever, He like 70% of these players won't be a part of this team when it really matters anyway.

I think the Sox could use more homers also, and they gave Palka almost 50 at bats and got one hit that barely cleared the infield.   The Sox have to move on from these guys now if they cannot contribute in any way 

On 7/8/2019 at 12:53 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Cordell is a good example.  Not a great player or even an average one, really just a 4th OF, but a legit good RF, a capable CF and a guy that can run into one on occasion if he gets a start.  He can contribute to a winning club if used properly.  

If he could get his OPS up to .740 or so he could be helpful.  As it is, he's certainly no worse than and far more interesting than Jon Jay.

44 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

If he could get his OPS up to .740 or so he could be helpful.  As it is, he's certainly no worse than and far more interesting than Jon Jay.

With the way they've been making moves it seems like Jay is an obvious DFA candidate soon.  The money would literally have been better spent lit on fire but whatever Hahn has strong points FA is not one of them.

Cordell kinda sucks but he's dirt cheap and has a couple tools that play, especially as just a 4th OF.