White Sox (Covey) vs Marlins (Smith) 7:10 CT

Richie

My only comment is to ask why Covey remains in the rotation. He is flat out brutal,now something like 6-27 in his "career." The White Sox answer to Anthony Young who lost if I remember right his first 20 major league decisions. If you answer, "well who else do the Sox have?" what does THAT say about the organization three years into the rebuild. Not one or two years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

My only comment is to ask why Covey remains in the rotation. He is flat out brutal,now something like 6-27 in his "career." The White Sox answer to Anthony Young who lost if I remember right his first 20 major league decisions. If you answer, "well who else do the Sox have?" what does THAT say about the organization three years into the rebuild. Not one or two years.

They don't have a ton of options at the moment is why.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

They don't have a ton of options at the moment is why.

Again what does that say about the organization in year three of the rebuild and not every single pitcher in the minor league organization has had TJ surgery (although it does seem like it...)

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Again what does that say about the organization in year three of the rebuild and not every single pitcher in the minor league organization has had TJ surgery (although it does seem like it...)

TBF, and I'm not bending over backwards here to defend the Sox, most teams at any given year only go 6 deep 7 AT BEST in "guys that won't beclown themselves starting" in their orgs. 

Including a bunch of teams teams that are actually trying to win and have rotations that cost more than 5 million as well unlike the Sox.  Chicago has no veteran starters costing anything and they lost half a dozen arms to injuries.  That's just a recipe for disaster and we've seen it.  We all saw it coming even if they stayed relatively healthy.

It's a cliche at this point but the buck stops april 1st 2020.  b****ing and moaning and condemning starts for real then as the tank is ovah.  I'll be right there with you should it come to pass and they suck again.  Let's hope this offseason they actually spend some fucking money and the obvious hole is pitching.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

35 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Unfortunately they do not have anything else in the whole organization.

31 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It is an embarrassment, it must be  so nice and oh so lucky to be so rich and be one of the worst general managers in baseball.

26 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TBF, and I'm not bending over backwards here to defend the Sox, most teams at any given year only go 6 deep 7 AT BEST in "guys that won't beclown themselves starting" in their orgs. 

Including a bunch of teams teams that are actually trying to win and have rotations that cost more than 5 million as well unlike the Sox.  Chicago has no veteran starters costing anything and they lost half a dozen arms to injuries.  That's just a recipe for disaster and we've seen it.  We all saw it coming even if they stayed relatively healthy.

It's a cliche at this point but the buck stops april 1st 2020.  b****ing and moaning and condemning starts for real then as the tank is ovah.  I'll be right there with you should it come to pass and they suck again.  Let's hope this offseason they actually spend some fucking money and the obvious hole is pitching.

They now have numerous years of drafts and have nothing, nothing in pitchers, it is unacceptable.

Are you trying to say you could’ve acquired better starting pitchers over the years than Hahn’s collection of studs?

Ivan Nova

Ervin Santana

Manny Banuelos

Dylan Covey

Hector Santiago

Miguel Gonzalez

Derek Holland

James “Big Game” Shields

Mat Latos

Jeff Samardzija

Hector Noesi

Felipe Paulino

Edited by Moan4Yoan

26 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Are you trying to say you could’ve acquired better starting pitchers over the years than Hahn’s collection of studs?

Ivan Nova

Ervin Santana

Manny Banuelos

Dylan Covey

Hector Santiago

Miguel Gonzalez

Derek Holland

James “Big Game” Shields

Mat Latos

Jeff Samardzija

Hector Noesi

Felipe Paulino

Wow give these guys credit for being a mlb pitcher, but how can hahn be this bad, reminds me of my picks at the race track.

I would like to know who you guys would of signed. I understand this has become a now society so looking at the big picture is a waste lol. I forget rebuilds only take a year or 2, my bad. So let’s hear it. I assume next year we will have Giolito, Cease, Kopech, and Lopez going. Rodon may be back for the second half. I assume you guys don’t like them so let’s here who you would of signed this year. 

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

But Steve Stone said they don't want to give long-term contracts to pitchers because those players get hurt so often.  Don't expect any dramatic action during the offseason. Right now rotation for 2020 will consist of two guys coming off TJ surgery, another who has been struggling, and two who have potential but still haven't proved themselves. There is nothing like a rebuild.

6 hours ago, Drwhoo1 said:

I would like to know who you guys would of signed. I understand this has become a now society so looking at the big picture is a waste lol. I forget rebuilds only take a year or 2, my bad. So let’s hear it. I assume next year we will have Giolito, Cease, Kopech, and Lopez going. Rodon may be back for the second half. I assume you guys don’t like them so let’s here who you would of signed this year. 

Well, that's easy....just do what the Twins, A's, Rays, etc., do.

I remember the idea of signing Nick Markakis at any point (in the last 2-3 years) being almost as heavily criticized as signing McCann, but he's been much better than expected for the Braves, for example.

With the Twins, I think they added Schoop, CJ Cron, Pineda, Martin Perez, Nelson Cruz...traded for Jake Odorizzi (who the Rays weren't willing to even pay $6 million, while we're paying Nova $9).   The majority of these movies have been pretty solid, although Pineda has struggled.   They were smart enough not to hold onto E.Santana any longer, as well.

With all of that and a young core of position players, they're STILL no quite good enough to overtake the Yankees.  The irony is that it was former "unaffordable" player Aaron Hicks who beat them in perhaps the best game of the season with a "walk-off" diving catch in CF to end it in the bottom of the 12th.