Lambs to the slaughter? We look to our shepherd Giolito as he faces Berrios and the Twins 8:10 EST

Cruz owns Giolito three times and then Jimmy freaking Cordero owns Cruz.  Go figure.

But I can see why they claimed Cordero.  He has amazing stuff like Ruiz, if they can only somehow harness it.  That's usually the biggest problem though...

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Nomar Mazara is available and the Sox are checking him out. 

This is a MEH move, unless he comes cheaply.  Then we won't regret the move and can have hope that he will improve since he's still young at 24

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, fathom said:

I thought that was a pretty impressive 3 run outing.  Keep him up for rest of the year.

Even though he got lit up tonight I'd honestly stick him at closer if they trade Colome. The extra adrenaline rush may actually be beneficial for him and he's the antithesis of Ruiz/Vieira in throwing strikes (so far). See if he pitches well and dangle him next season or so.

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

What? He had good numbers in the upper minors when he was as old as a high school draftee.

Eh, just over an .800 OPS in the minors (AA and AAA) for a corner outfielder?  Not a surprise he is a .750 OPS corner outfielder in the majors.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hasn’t the slider been his best pitch statistically

Yes. It doesn't matter. He used to have a 65 grade curve and it disappeared because he lost the feel for it. Can't throw a good one for a strike anymore. It isn't like results matter this year anyway. I think this is just a blip on the radar. Again, he just ran into a super hot Nelson Cruz and more times than not they'll miss those meatballs because he had a lot of zip on his heater tonight. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Conforto is a significantly better fit, even if he costs a lot more.

Agreed, but guess who his agent is?

He would only be worth acquiring if you could quickly extend him to a reasonable contract extension.  He's gone in two years.

Edited by Moan4Yoan