9/17- Sox at Twins, 6:40, NBCSC

flavum

The only reason to watch at this point is to see Eloy reach 30 HR and Anderson’s batting title race.  I was hoping to see Mendick over Yolmer but who knows what the deal is?  If they think that playing Yolmer contributes to the draft pick tank more, then go for it.  It would be amazing if they could steal #6 from Seattle.  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The only reason to watch at this point is to see Eloy reach 30 HR.  I was hoping to see Mendick over Yolmer but who knows what the deal is?  If they think that playing Yolmer contributes to the draft pick tank more, then go for it.  It would be amazing if they could steal #6 from Seattle.  😂

I only caught the last few seconds, but I’m pretty sure they showed a video before the game of Ricky saying how special Yolmer is to the team

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The only reason to watch at this point is to see Eloy reach 30 HR.  I was hoping to see Mendick over Yolmer but who knows what the deal is?  If they think that playing Yolmer contributes to the draft pick tank more, then go for it.  It would be amazing if they could steal #6 from Seattle.  😂

Definitely want the Twins and Indians to just run the last five, and hope 4-3 vs Detroit is enough for 7th or 8th.

Edited by flavum

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I only caught the last few seconds, but I’m pretty sure they showed a video before the game of Ricky saying how special Yolmer is to the team

I don’t care what Ricky says.  If Hahn isn’t bright enough to save around $5 million dollars by giving Ricky Mendick as his utility infielder instead of Yolmer, he’s a putz.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t care what Ricky says.  If Hahn isn’t bright enough to save around $5 million dollars by giving Ricky Mendick as his utility infielder instead of Yolmer, he’s a putz.

I would be absolutely stunned if they chose Mendick over Yolmer

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

$5 million could be a decent relief pitcher.  Hahn should be smart enough to make the right move.  But then again, his last offseason was putrid for the most part.

That Gatorade jug isn’t going to dump itself. I think we see based on how he’s being used down the stretch that Mendick isn’t someone that have big plans for.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

That Gatorade jug isn’t going to dump itself. I think we see based on how he’s being used down the stretch that Mendick isn’t someone that have big plans for.

You don’t think that once the season is over, that $5 million dollars and only 2 weeks of waiting for Madrigal won’t play a big factor in Hahn’s decision?  I just think the Sox don’t feel the need to get their 2020 backup utility infielder that many developmental at bats.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Just learned to play chess the other day actually. Never thought I would get into it

It really is a lifetime game. There is so much shit to learn. 

Chess for dummies and chess openings for dummies are a good place to start. 

Edited by Jack Parkman