9/17- Sox at Twins, 6:40, NBCSC

flavum

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That would have required a team contending for first place almost blowing a lead in a pivotal game, then getting run over daily from that point on every time they played the Twins for the remainder of 2003.

Hey, I didn't want to relive that nightmare....I just wanted Ruiz given his walking papers after the game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

You just hope they fire the coaching staff in the offseason.  As funny as some of these losses have been and the terrible game management, this type of stuff can't continue next year.

must be new around these parts

nothing will change brother :)

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Hey, I didn't want to relive that nightmare....I just wanted Ruiz given his walking papers after the game.

I understand the frustration ,I really do . But in the grand scheme of things this loss matters not.  Just getting closer to a better draft pick. Ruiz is a live young arm and unless he;s Rule 5 eligible you just don't rid yourself of that. Plenty of guys the Soz will get rid of before him.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I understand the frustration ,I really do . But in the grand scheme of things this loss matters not.  Just getting closer to a better draft pick. Ruiz is a live young arm and unless he;s Rule 5 eligible you just don't rid yourself of that. Plenty of guys the Soz will get rid of before him.

I see your point but I don't see him ever being a useful piece.  I'd personally rather give Fulmer his final shot than Ruiz get any more innings.  He's just awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WilliamTell said:

Not that I care about Cleveland and they're probably too far out but I'd hate the Sox after that pathetic close out to the game.......twice. Hell I hate us too!

Hey, William, Tribe fan here who lurks at this forum because of the clever and consistently sardonic dark humor that is often on display here.  Despite how much I wanted the Twins to drop tonight's game, the Sox played hard and you guys had me in tears laughing at your comments as the inevitable occurred.  We are brethren, you know, charter members of the American League, and with team histories that are largely dismal despite bright patches here and there.  I would acknowledge that our "best of times" have been longer stretches than yours, but our troughs have been just as bad and probably worse (particularly the 30-year bleakness between 1963 and 1993, which I lived through).

As far as "hating the Sox" for losing this one tonight, nah, we weren't going to run down Minnesota anyway, so no need to feel bad.  Frankly, the Sox are singularly responsible for us not staying in the AL Central race longer; we won the season series against the Twins, but the Sox have had our number this year.  And to be honest, as far as guilt goes, I still suffer it greatly, feeling the Tribe let down not only all of our fans, but all the South Side for allowing the Cubs off the hook in 2016.  We should never have done that to a fellow AL Charter member club...I know how much easier it would have been on all of you if you retained the most recent baseball championship in your fine city.  And for that, you should always hate us.  I hate us.  We've lost the World Series twice in my lifetime in extra innings in game seven, and I never had a chance to celebrate a World Series victory with my Dad, which we would have done had we hung on in 2016.

Best of luck to you guys...I think we'll be competing quite a bit in the AL Central over the next decade, but I wouldn't mind if the freakin' Twins were left out of it.

Speaking of whom, can anyone explain to me why there aren't more national whispers about how a guy at 39 years of age is having the best year of his career and is creating exit velocities that are superman-like at a time of year most guys are wearing down?  I really don't understand why there aren't more eyebrows raised, if only for the implication that masking agents must be working real well right now.  Nelson Cruz is flat out ridiculous, and not in a good way.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the kind words...Yes, the Tribe came so close in 2016 and I still think about that hanging breaking pitch that Chapman threw in the ninth inning that should have been hit about 10 miles that would have sealed a WS win for Cleveland. But alas, the pitch was fouled off, then the stupid rain delay, the dumb Jason Hayward speech, the ensuing Cub rally and then over. What might have been.

4 hours ago, Avory said:

Speaking of whom, can anyone explain to me why there aren't more national whispers about how a guy at 39 years of age is having the best year of his career and is creating exit velocities that are superman-like at a time of year most guys are wearing down?  I really don't understand why there aren't more eyebrows raised, if only for the implication that masking agents must be working real well right now.  Nelson Cruz is flat out ridiculous, and not in a good way.

Half their lineup got busted at one point for the muscle juice. I agree there should be some more questions, especially since the other half of the lineup is full of "who"s having career, allstar caliber years. 

4 hours ago, Avory said:

Hey, William, Tribe fan here who lurks at this forum because of the clever and consistently sardonic dark humor that is often on display here.  Despite how much I wanted the Twins to drop tonight's game, the Sox played hard and you guys had me in tears laughing at your comments as the inevitable occurred.  We are brethren, you know, charter members of the American League, and with team histories that are largely dismal despite bright patches here and there.  I would acknowledge that our "best of times" have been longer stretches than yours, but our troughs have been just as bad and probably worse (particularly the 30-year bleakness between 1963 and 1993, which I lived through).

As far as "hating the Sox" for losing this one tonight, nah, we weren't going to run down Minnesota anyway, so no need to feel bad.  Frankly, the Sox are singularly responsible for us not staying in the AL Central race longer; we won the season series against the Twins, but the Sox have had our number this year.  And to be honest, as far as guilt goes, I still suffer it greatly, feeling the Tribe let down not only all of our fans, but all the South Side for allowing the Cubs off the hook in 2016.  We should never have done that to a fellow AL Charter member club...I know how much easier it would have been on all of you if you retained the most recent baseball championship in your fine city.  And for that, you should always hate us.  I hate us.  We've lost the World Series twice in my lifetime in extra innings in game seven, and I never had a chance to celebrate a World Series victory with my Dad, which we would have done had we hung on in 2016.

Best of luck to you guys...I think we'll be competing quite a bit in the AL Central over the next decade, but I wouldn't mind if the freakin' Twins were left out of it.

Oh no sir, it is the -BALL- that is juiced or so they keep saying.  

I remember last time the ball was juiced.   It was when McGuire and Sosa and Bonds broke records.   Certainly it is the ball now, also.

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Oh no sir, it is the -BALL- that is juiced or so they keep saying.  

I remember last time the ball was juiced.   It was when McGuire and Sosa and Bonds broke records.   Certainly it is the ball now, also.

If you listen to White Sox telecasts, home runs for the opposition almost always get some juiced ball mention.  When the Sox hit them, it's brut strength. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you listen to White Sox telecasts, home runs for the opposition almost always get some juiced ball mention.  When the Sox hit them, it's brut strength. 

I know Juicers are likely to be sprinkled everywhere, we had Castillo last year get popped.  Sox have one of the lower amounts of team home run totals iirc so at least it isn't where you look at the twins and wonder how the entire lineup has eclipsed 20 homeruns each and 5 guys with 30+