8/5 Sox vs Brewers GT

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Okay, fine.   That was the story of his recall on Monday from Appleton to MIL.

But today was his first big-league plate appearance and hit.

Weird that their camp is in Appleton. Appleton has to be at least 100 miles from Milwaukee. At least Schaumburg is close to GRF.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:
3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Care to elaborate?

Sorry, I'm not sure if it would be a problem with the mods since it's a rumor that AJ and the trainer has denied.  Just a bad joke based on an urban myth so again sorry.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Weird that their camp is in Appleton. Appleton has to be at least 100 miles from Milwaukee. At least Schaumburg is close to GRF.

Minor league affiliate.   Isolated from major population center/s.    Controlled environment, where players can be strictly monitored.   Not 100% sure, but they might even be owners or part-owners of that franchise, would have to double check.   Used to be a lot more common than today.

Seems like it's municipally owned, like the Clinton Lumber Kings.

Brand new facility built for this year before whole COVID thing happened.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Minor league affiliate.   Isolated from major population center/s.    Controlled environment, where players can be strictly monitored.   Not 100% sure, but they might even be owners or part-owners of that franchise, would have to double check.   Used to be a lot more common than today.

Well I know all of that but they could've found a place closer- Kenosha, even Sheboygan, hell Madison's probably closer

1 minute ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

I got mad because I thought it was Hiura making a nice play again. Thanks for reminding me that Gyorko is another guy that just pulled outta his a**

"Yakety Yak" is a song written, produced, and arranged by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller for the Coasters and released on Atco Records in 1958, spending seven weeks as #1 on the R&B charts and a week as number one on the Top 100 pop list.