2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

13 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Why? They've been stoking this fire for years. They were in the middle of fanning the flames when their ideological allies stormed the Capitol.

I don't know. Maybe someone would have a conscience for a minute? By the way, Schummer is now majority leader of the United States Senate. It can be a little easier to convict Trump now.

28 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

The minute any Republican can get to a safe place, he should march to the White House and tell Trump to resign. If he refuses, tell him he will be impeached and removed within 24 hours. Get this lunatic out of the White House. 

It would take 19 Republican Senators to agree to this.

11 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I don't know. Maybe someone would have a conscience for a minute? By the way, Schummer is now majority leader of the United States Senate. It can be a little easier to convict Trump now.

He's not majority leader until the 20th, and that's assuming that the seating of the 2 Georgia Senators isn't blocked by legal action.

8 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

He's not majority leader until the 20th, and that's assuming that the seating of the 2 Georgia Senators isn't blocked by legal action.

The new Congress doesn't have to wait until the 20th. The new Congressional term began a couple of days ago. Pelosi has been re-elected as speaker. Regardless, Schummer is the man now.

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

The new Congress doesn't have to wait until the 20th. The new Congressional term began a couple of days ago. Pelosi has been re-elected as speaker. Regardless, Schummer is the man now.

I know the new Congressional term already started, but as of today, there are 51 Republicans and 48 Democrats in the Senate, so Schumer can't take power until the new guys get seated.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The capital was out of American control for hours.  Unreal.

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

It was under MAGA control.

The police were complicit and I wish the media would recognize this. They weren't "caught off guard." They let them in the Capitol and then took selfies with them.

edit: where the GOP is still at, head of the AZ GOP. Don't expect any sort of come-to-Jesus moments.

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

The police were complicit and I wish the media would recognize this. They weren't "caught off guard." They let them in the Capitol and then took selfies with them.

edit: where the GOP is still at, head of the AZ GOP. Don't expect any sort of come-to-Jesus moments.

Both my post and your post are correct.