2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

4 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

Sarcasm?

Where do they get information for race and gender anyway? I early voted but don’t remember if I provided demographic info at the end. Is that it, or do they have my demo info on my voter registration? If it’s exit polls that are used to correlate that, I suppose it would be easily falsifiable.

Media exit polls, which are great for election hot takes but typically the actual breakdowns get very heavily revised by political scientists over the following months/years

Tex was being sarcastic though

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

I agree with the GOP Senate report's findings, though they aren't exhaustive.

And before the senate made its findings public? Did you ever participate in questioning whether Trump stole the election? 

Not accusing you, I don't know you or what your thoughts were. Just curious.

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Honest question, who here thought Trump colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election? Can you all honestly say you didn't peddle that garbage?

Honest question, do you think it's any coincidence that this thread has somehow went 62 pages by being peaceful and now you enter- because your boy is being bent over- it's about to become combative? 

He's going to lose. Maybe when another asshat runs in 2024 you can vote for him again. Go away

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Honest question, do you think it's any coincidence that this thread has somehow went 62 pages by being peaceful and now you enter- because your boy is being bent over- it's about to become combative? 

He's going to lose. Maybe when another asshat runs in 2024 you can vote for him again. Go away

Was it considered combative 3 years ago to suggest Trump colluded to steal an election? 

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Poll watching and poll interference are clearly two distinct matters...soon there will be heavily armed protestors going to disrupt counting centers and threaten/intimidate the safety of workers.

Just like what happened in 2000. I wonder if Trumpies have failed to realize something. Their orange-headed hero has lost the popular vote two times in a row. There is no fraud. Just a bad candidate who won under an out-dated system. Biden has won more votes than any other presidential candidate in history. This stuff should have been over two days ago.

12 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Honest question, who here thought Trump colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election? Can you all honestly say you didn't peddle that garbage?

The good news is the President is about to go on TV and tell you what to think again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

It’s peaceful mostly because everyone’s on the same side. I voted for Biden but otherwise don’t really agree with most here, and when I’ve gotten more explicit with some of those opinions, things have gotten a bit testy. Telling him to go away probably doesn’t help the combativeness either, nor does it persuade him to change his opinion, assuming he was even willing. Just FWIW.

4 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Just like what happened in 2000. I wonder if Trumpies have failed to realize something. Their orange-headed hero has lost the popular vote two times in a row. There is no fraud. Just a bad candidate who won under an out-dated system. Biden has won more votes than any other presidential candidate in history. This stuff should have been over two days ago.

It was if the GOP didn't block counting. This was intentionally done to cast doubt and get into the Supreme Court. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Your questions are lunacy based on the President's self serving lies. I am not wasting my time on made up Qanon garbage when this was settled long ago 

My question has nothing to do with Qanon.

Did you or did you not, in the past, ever participate in questioning whether or not Trump colluded with Russia in 2016? 

Just now, KrankinSox said:

My question has nothing to do with Qanon.

Did you or did you not, in the past, ever participate in questioning whether or not Trump colluded with Russia in 2016? 

I mean if you want to set up lame gotchas,  where are your answers to everyone's questions?

5 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

To be fair, with population growth, it’s reasonable that the record for getting the most votes ever will continue to be shattered. I mean, Trump 2020 got more votes than everybody ever except for Biden. So it’s kind of a meaningless metric.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Russia as a foreign entity “helping” Trump through bots and social media and Facebook and THEN election/voting fraud in terms of the actual process on Election Day are two entirely distinctive issues...

I never said they were identical issues. My point is this:

Leftists were happy to push conspiracies about Trump in 2016 but any suggestion of foul play this time is considered to be "Qanon" apparently

26 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

most liberals peddled that fucking conspiracy, I'm a lefty (I lean way left, former DSA member) but I was smart enough to realize when Bill Binney said the NSA would have evidence if any hacks happened, plus when Crowdstrike had to admit in court that they had zero evidence that Russia hacked anything, and Muller knew it too

democrats didn't wanna admit that they ran a shitty candidate that everybody hated and refused to campaign in the rust belt, that's why Trump won, plus the electoral college of course

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1