2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

52 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

It's quite possible, if Trump loses, he creates his own TV network.  The silent majority, as they call themselves, would be an instant audience for him.  They'll just get louder and more obnoxious.

OAN is already there.

Doubt he financially wants to undertake investing any of his own money.  Prefers the branding angle with Trump name, where financial downside of actually owning it is limited.  Bannon has forecast that direction for at least four plus years now (going back to October, 2016, when the grabbing women by the Billy Bush/Borat Subsequent Moviefilm comments came out.)

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Why do you buy his act?

Thank you for asking. Because I watch the riots nightly on stream (Portland, Seattle) myself. I see the anger in the streets and the radical agenda. I have read Kaepernick's demands. No prisons. I have read AOC's demands. No police. I have seen first hand Seattle defund the police and government officials simply allow the looting and destructive behavior nightly. I have heard the people against guns want them ALL out of commission. So I have "concerns" that the AOC group will be running the show. If all of you are right and we continue to have law and order I will be a happy camper. And like I said if Joe is his own man he will be the most popular president since Kennedy IMO. Thanks for asking. Trust me there are people who think like me. It is good to get all perspectives.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fulton County basically done, and looks like Perdue race will also go to a runoff in Jan

from ajc.com

Of that, he (Fulton County elections supervisor) said, results of 138,000 have been posted online and 1,200 more absentees that required more signature verification will come later today — meaning there’s a difference of roughly 7,000 between what’s been processed and what’s been posted.

There are still 3,600 provisional ballots and an undetermined amount of military overseas ballots left to be finalized. The deadline for those is 5 p.m. Friday.

UPDATE 7:27 a.m.: Fulton County elections chief Rick Barron said officials will release more vote totals around 11 a.m. Thursday.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Thank you for asking. Because I watch the riots nightly on stream (Portland, Seattle) myself. I see the anger in the streets and the radical agenda. I have read Kaepernick's demands. No prisons. I have read AOC's demands. No police. I have seen first hand Seattle defund the police and government officials simply allow the looting and destructive behavior nightly. I have heard the people against guns want them ALL out of commission. So I have "concerns" that the AOC group will be running the show. If all of you are right and we continue to have law and order I will be a happy camper. And like I said if Joe is his own man he will be the most popular president since Kennedy IMO. Thanks for asking.

When all of this happened, who what President? It wasn't Biden. It wasn't Obama. It was Trump. If he is the law and order President, why did this happen under his watch?

The thought that this won't happen under Trump is just wrong. It only happens under Trump.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It only happens under Trump.

I mean...that's also false, it started under Obama and will continue under Biden unless something changes. 

The idea that Obama/Biden are supportive of is is patently absurd though. 

Edited by mqr

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Thank you for asking. Because I watch the riots nightly on stream (Portland, Seattle) myself. I see the anger in the streets and the radical agenda. I have read Kaepernick's demands. No prisons. I have read AOC's demands. No police. I have seen first hand Seattle defund the police and government officials simply allow the looting and destructive behavior nightly. I have heard the people against guns want them ALL out of commission. So I have "concerns" that the AOC group will be running the show. If all of you are right and we continue to have law and order I will be a happy camper. And like I said if Joe is his own man he will be the most popular president since Kennedy IMO. Thanks for asking.

These are all things to be afraid of, the Atwater/Rove Playbook 101 ever since Ronald Reagan, welfare moms with Cadillacs/cell phones, and Willie Horton..

But what is a single Trump policy/plan proposed for his second term that you are actually for?

Because being afraid of everything (“American Carnage” inauguration speech) is not a feasible philosophy for governing...it is one for deliberately dividing the country and alienating various groups of Americans, turning them against each other.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When all of this happened, who what President? It wasn't Biden. It wasn't Obama. It was Trump. If he is the law and order President, why did this happen under his watch?

The thought that this won't happen under Trump is just wrong. It only happens under Trump.

The last four years have been Trump's America.  No matter how hard he tries to tell people that these things WILL happen if Biden is elected they ARE HAPPENING while Donald Trump is President.  This is his mess.  He needs to own it.

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

I mean...that's also false

Except Obama divided the nation just because his race directly threatened roughly 25% of the US.

What policies did he enact that would justify rioting?  Because he wanted to provide health care insurance to Americans?   Take away everyone’s religion and confiscate everyone’s guns as well?   Benghazi, lol?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Except Obama divided the nation just because his race directly threatened roughly 25% of the US.

What policies did he enact that would justify rioting?  Because he wanted to provide health care insurance to Americans?   Take away everyone’s religion and confiscate everyone’s guns as well?   Benghazi, lol?

I'm not saying he justified anything, it's just not true that the rioting is a 'Trump's America' problem. Ferguson was 2014. 

Trump certainly fanned the flames, but the police protesting is not going anywhere any time soon. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

expanded 2 wars to 7
opened the Arctic to oil drilling twice
made the bush tax cuts permanent
refused to stand with striking teachers in WI even though he said he would
ignored the police brutality happening at DAPL, and OWS

effectively repealed habeas corpus

Allowed 8 million people to be illegally kicked out of their homes during the housing crisis
Ignored the lead catastrophe in Flint Mi
Had a 90% civilian death rate on drone strikes
Dropped so many bombs in the middle east that they literally ran out of bombs

I'm not a republican but I'm not uninformed either

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

I'm not saying he justified anything, it's just not true that the rioting is a 'Trump's America' problem. Ferguson was 2014. 

Trump certainly fanned the flames, but the police protesting is not going anywhere any time soon. 

So what should Obama’s reaction have been in that situation...every single position he took on racial relations as a Black man was essentially going to be a “no win” one.  

Support the police in any significant way=Uncle Tom/sellout.  

Support Black Crime victims=Second Coming of Antichrist/Malcolm X/H Rap Brown/SDS/Stokely Carmichael/The Weathermen.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Assuming AZ really does come through yes.  Even without AZ, PA would win Biden the election.  GA alone would put him at 269, which would promise at least a split, and a win with one more electoral vote.

In a split - remind me - house picks president and senate picks the VP, so basically we would end up with a blue president and a red vp?  

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

So what should Obama’s reaction have been in that situation...every single position he took on racial relations as a Black man was essentially going to be a “no win” one.  

Support Black Crime victims=Second Coming of Antichrist/Malcolm X/H Rap Brown/SDS/Stokely Carmichael/The Weathermen.

Man, I'm just pointing out that "all this happened under Trump" is factually incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

easy question to answer, he should've took a stand against it because that was the right thing to do

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

In a split - remind me - house picks president and senate picks the VP, so basically we would end up with a blue president and a red vp?  

House picks by State House Delegation, so there are 50 delegations and Republicans have a majority in 26 of the delegations.

Yet another example of how dumb the Electoral College is, and how it gets dumber at every single step.

• Love 1

EmFLSMPXUAE4xN0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

A good map showing where people actually live and how they vote. Definitely lots of blue clusters, but not every urban area goes solid blue. And lots of not-quite-rural areas in the South and Midwest going red.

Also shows just how largely empty the country is once you get close to the Rockies until you're on the other side of the Sierras or Cascades.

35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sleepy Joe who can't hold a thought, and can only stay in his basement, t is an unmatched criminal mastermind in the Ukraine and China. Got the whole world in on a Covid 19 hoax, and now is rigging an election like no one has never been done before. 

Impressive run for a guy sleeping in his basement.

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

expanded 2 wars to 7
opened the Arctic to oil drilling twice
made the bush tax cuts permanent
refused to stand with striking teachers in WI even though he said he would
ignored the police brutality happening at DAPL, and OWS

effectively repealed habeas corpus

Allowed 8 million people to be illegally kicked out of their homes during the housing crisis
Ignored the lead catastrophe in Flint Mi
Had a 90% civilian death rate on drone strikes
Dropped so many bombs in the middle east that they literally ran out of bombs

I'm not a republican but I'm not uninformed either

This is why the GOP runs circles around the Dems, especially the Supreme Court now.

Republicans never compromise.

All of these years of moving rightward/compromising/attempting to work across the aisle has split the Democratic Party almost in two, and lost a good number of union and blue collar/non-college educated voters due to Clinton/Obama neoliberalism/globalist policies.   Imagine getting 61-62% of union votes a huge victory under Truman, JFK or LBJ.  Heck, even Jimmy Carter in 1976 and 1980.

It’s also ironic that it (the party’s current strategy) has actually led to a phenomenon of more male Blacks and male Hispanics voting for “macho/masochistic” Trump.

Being a Dem means being labeled a wimp/whiner/loser.