I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year

VAfan

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

How I am being an asshole to someone I am not addressing?

And again, at least I can apologize. You have freaking admins here who literally tell people "shut the fuck up" and openly troll people, not exactly much leadership by example around here.

Also, perhaps the people that jump into the ring shouldn't misquote me and mischatacterize my arguments.

In my defense I have only said this once to anyone on this board.    I was just done with it.  The end.

53 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You're just fucking stupid, perhaps the most illogical, misinformed, idiot who has ever posted here*. 

Oops I'm sorry. See I can apologize so it's all cool.  

*you're clearly not, but using this as an example.

Now anyone reading this had to endure one poster calling another poster fucking stupid. I'm not being an asshole to them, but it does affect people even if it's not directed at them. They become emotional as well.  Either they agree with you which prompts them to join your attack,  or they disagree with you and attack you. They don't stay on the sidelines when someone is being an asshole. Even if it is in response to someone who was an asshole to them. 

Basically we don't want asshole posts on the board. 

Right. Because me losing myself for a second and you purposely being a douche while supposedly clear headed is the same thing.

People are assholes all the time. In all walks of life. On every forum known to man. It happens. I believe I'm much less an asshole than a LOT of people here. People make Why "asshole posts" on a regular basis here.. Why you think I specifically need to be singled out for this and act like it's actually rare here is a mystery to me. 

People make mistakes. Some people here are eternally unapologetic about being an asshole all the time. I apologize for occasionally doing it, usually when I was provoked. Which would you prefer?

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's not that no

Then I stand correct and the "defense" really isn't valiant. 

You even acknowledged I had admitted that I was wrong about something yet didn't want to give me credit because of something you said I stated elsewhere that you didn't like. Which is absurd; by that logic no one really deserves credit for anything now, do they? I guess by that token I should discredit this very defense you made because of other viscious attacks you have made elsewhere (and you have a big habit of that). I've seen you say just as bad things to other people. I find you to be extremely vulgar and viciously offensive in general so I really don't understand the mentality towards me. Ok for you but not for others, I suppose. I'm nowhere near equal footing with you here.

When someone is making you mad, it's usually because they own you. People claim I'm an asshole yet those very people are the ones posting the most vicious shit. It sure doesn't make much sense. 

"In my defense I acknowledge I never said that exact insult before now but aren't going to apologize for it."

How bizarre.

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Then I stand correct and the "defense" really isn't valiant. 

You even acknowledged I had admitted that I was wrong about something yet didn't want to give me credit because of something you said I stated elsewhere that you didn't like. Which is absurd; by that logic no one really deserves credit for anything now, do they? I guess by that token I should discredit this very defense you made because of other viscious attacks you have made elsewhere (and you have a big habit of that).

Look man, I just don't appreciate your posting style one bit.  You want to try and act like I'm some sort of super militant admin that attacks everyone and blah blah blah but you know that's not true.  I didn't ban you, I didn't ban ray, I don't ban iwin4prep, i didn't ban SSHM, I didn't warn any of you guys, I didnt delete threads.  I argued with you.  which, I guess since I'm an admin I'm not supposed to do?  I dunno.

I don't like the way Reinsdorf runs the team, you can dig through all of my posts and you will find very little support for that man.  My issue is always that I hit my limit for bullshit and repetitive complaints and snap.  That's what I did,  I was absolutely sick and tired of you gumming up threads by being an asshole because you were mad that the Sox didn't make the moves we all wanted and you were taking it out on people that didn't really thing that everything was as bad as you.  I handled it poorly, I was not in a good place mentally and snapped a lot differently than I anticipated,  but you were doing the exact same thing that you had just apologized for the day before like it never happened and I told you to shut the fuck up.  It is what it is.  

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Look man, I just don't appreciate your posting style one bit.  You want to try and act like I'm some sort of super militant admin that attacks everyone and blah blah blah but you know that's not true.  I didn't ban you, I didn't ban ray, I don't ban iwin4prep, i didn't ban SSHM, I didn't warn any of you guys, I didnt delete threads.  I argued with you.  which, I guess since I'm an admin I'm not supposed to do?  I dunno.

I don't like the way Reinsdorf runs the team, you can dig through all of my posts and you will find very little support for that man.  My issue is always that I hit my limit for bullshit and repetitive complaints and snap.  That's what I did,  I was absolutely sick and tired of you gumming up threads by being an asshole because you were mad that the Sox didn't make the moves we all wanted and you were taking it out on people that didn't really thing that everything was as bad as you.  I handled it poorly, I was not in a good place mentally and snapped a lot differently than I anticipated,  but you were doing the exact same thing that you had just apologized for the day before like it never happened and I told you to shut the fuck up.  It is what it is.  

Not banning people doesn't mean you're not aggressively viscious. You are. So who sets the standard for conduct?

So me being singled out for being an "asshole" when I'm really not makes no sense.

Edited by RagahRagah

5 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Not banning people doesn't mean you're not aggressively viscious. You are. So who sets the standard for conduct?

So me being singled out for being an "asshole" when I'm really not makes no sense.

It makes sense in the context that multiple people have had the same issue with you. But we know from you, they are all wrong

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lol huh? Why would you ban me. 

Didn't realize you were holding yourself back for banning posters who *checks notes* don't post exactly what you'd like. Weird stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol huh? Why would you ban me. 

Didn't realize you were holding yourself back for banning posters who *checks notes* don't post exactly what you'd like. Weird stuff.

Have to make sure there is daylight between us and WSI in that respect, that's all.  

14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It makes sense in the context that multiple people have had the same issue with you. But we know from you, they are all wrong

Hasn't everyone had multiple people take issue with something they have said? No one has support from everyone and no one has everyone agree with them.

Multiple people have taken issue with you, too. But I'm not viscious like you are and I'm not a mod/admin. So what's the real problem?

Edited by RagahRagah

28 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Right. Because me losing myself for a second and you purposely being a douche while supposedly clear headed is the same thing.

People are assholes all the time. In all walks of life. On every forum known to man. It happens. I believe I'm much less an asshole than a LOT of people here. People make Why "asshole posts" on a regular basis here.. Why you think I specifically need to be singled out for this and act like it's actually rare here is a mystery to me. 

People make mistakes. Some people here are eternally unapologetic about being an asshole all the time. I apologize for occasionally doing it, usually when I was provoked. Which would you prefer?

Did you read where I said you're not those things and I was offering an example? 

You asked a question and I answered it. Nothing more. 

The owner of this site would prefer there not be any asshole posts and as an admin I try to help out with that. What I prefer really isn't important,  I'm not paying the bills here. 

Just confused why you'd ban me anyway lol.

Ragah, you argue about how to argue. Coming from me, someone who is much more likely to respond to those I disagree with than those I agree with, your issue is you stop discussing actual topics and start discussing how people are discussing. When people take things OT, it usually furthers discussions that branched off the topic but you go pages arguing about arguing which can get pretty tiring. That's just my perspective and I get being argumentative. Also, you frequently call posters names, referring to them as ignorant or stupid and then expect cordial responses. I find pal and buddy works just as well to rile up the base without having to be actually disrespectful 😂😂 by calling people names.

Respond to the post, not the poster. 

21 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

The owner of the site ultimately sets the standard,  often with a lot of input from the admin/mod team. Seems like the most logical way for it to work. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Did you read where I said you're not those things and I was offering an example? 

You asked a question and I answered it. Nothing more. 

The owner of this site would prefer there not be any asshole posts and as an admin I try to help out with that. What I prefer really isn't important,  I'm not paying the bills here. 

Yet admins constantly do it themselves. 

There's no way around this, dude. For instance. Comparing me to Kyyle? No contest, sorry. 

And again, I'm not really that much of an asshole, lol.

Hasn't everyone had multiple people take issue with something they have said?

Multiple people have taken issue with you, too. And you ignored the core point I made.

Your point that I'm aggressively viscious?  I Ignored it because I know better.  

Yet admins constantly do it themselves. 

There's no way around this, dude. For instance. Comparing me to Kyyle? No contest, sorry. 

And again, I'm not really that much of an asshole, lol.

Absolutely no contest. Just based on reported posts and messages we receive. 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Your point that I'm aggressively viscious?  I Ignored it because I know better.  

Well that's good but yet you fail to know better constantly. It's like giving Trump credit for being able to stick to a script once on a while. I'm sorry but it's not commendable.

You used a "defense" yet wouldn't apologize for the action. It's so weird.

Are least I acknowledged when I was an asshole and apologized for it. Yet I'm the bad guy. So weird.

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Whether you mean me or him, that doesn't matter at all. Bias is a thing. If you look at the history of my posts compared to his and say I'm a bigger asshole then you would be 100% wrong. Plain and simple.

Edited by RagahRagah

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just confused why you'd ban me anyway lol.

Ragah, you argue about how to argue. Coming from me, someone who is much more likely to respond to those I disagree with than those I agree with, your issue is you stop discussing actual topics and start discussing how people are discussing. When people take things OT, it usually furthers discussions that branched off the topic but you go pages arguing about arguing which can get pretty tiring. That's just my perspective and I get being argumentative. Also, you frequently call posters names, referring to them as ignorant or stupid and then expect cordial responses. I find pal and buddy works just as well to rile up the base without having to be actually disrespectful 😂😂 by calling people names.

Respond to the post, not the poster. 

Fair post. But that's a thing, dude. If the means someone is using to make the argument are fallacious then it takes credibility away from the argument. If we ignore this then no discussion can ever come to a conclusion and we're basically all just jerking off. I like rational and logical discussion. Not going to apologize for that. 

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Have to make sure there is daylight between us and WSI in that respect, that's all.  

Yes, I’m not sure how i got dragged into this, but I really can’t see a valid complaint regarding Board Moderation here. I’ve taken the constructive criticism to heart and changed course.

Having survived WSI for years including the night of the long knives, I can say for certain this place is much more accommodating to different view points.

Ironically came to agreement over time from the one Mod I had on ignore until that option was disabled.

Ragah, if you’re posting on good faith, sometimes letting things go is best for the soul, and ignore is a good option when people go personal.

Peace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Texsox said:

These posts honestly crack me up - not because you made it Tex, but because there are grown men in the world reporting internet messages/posts to moderators because a poster hurt their feelings and they want them punished. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

These posts honestly crack me up - not because you made it Tex, but because there are grown men in the world reporting internet messages/posts to moderators because a poster hurt their feelings and they want them punished. 🤣

Some of it is pretty silly.   It's not really frequent though to be honest