I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year

VAfan

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If more people did it...

I was thinking it would be better if less people hijacked every other thread with horse shit issues that are better handled by deep meditative contemplation, but I guess we’re all different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I was thinking it would be better if less people hijacked every other thread with horse shit issues that are better handled by deep meditative contemplation, but I guess we’re all different.

I can just picture exponentially-increasing demand for "self-help/holistic healing" YouTube seminars on the various pluses and minuses of Vaughn, Leury Garcia, Mercedes and Collins in the DH spot.

The off-season was more fun because we could simply start a thread about 75-100 different FA's because there was no movement for so long, leading to endless (most useless) hours of speculation, the famous Twitter "insiders" and poor Hector hyping the Dominican players and taking hits from all sides.

10 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Sure seemed like it. IIRC originally you responded to me. If not then cool beans.

And to be fair you've been pretty cool.

I directly responded to someone else. But it again highlights how a post can be read and reacted to by many different people. Once something is posted the op loses all control. 

11 hours ago, Vulture said:

Indeed we are. 

Because pointing out where people's arguments are flawed is in no way horseshit. And it happens in virtually every thread, including ones I don't post in.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 4

With all due respect chitown...it’s an internet message board.  What could possibly be said that would make you go full bully and block another poster’s existence?  Please share an example of something that warrants an ignore.  

I’m sure 99% didn’t even know that feature existed 😂

13 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

With all due respect chitown...it’s an internet message board.  What could possibly be said that would make you go full bully and block another poster’s existence?  Please share an example of something that warrants an ignore.  

Blocking another posters existence is pretty much the opposite of full bully. If someone feels like ignoring someone will improve their experience on this site,  by all means go ahead.  The blocked person isn't notified unless they are told, who cares 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

People that frequently do personal attacks and do "gotcha" replies only serve red meat.  Red meat is fine but eating it every day isn't recommended for health.  I have three posters on ignore and I am much happier and calmer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

People that frequently do personal attacks and do "gotcha" replies only serve red meat.  Red meat is fine but eating it every day isn't recommended for health.  I have three posters on ignore and I am much happier and calmer.

Joe Rogan would disagree with this statement. 

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Joe Rogan would disagree with this statement. 

Joe Rogan knows how to make conversation and engender strong opinions from his guests..  As a quality in a podcaster, that's a good thing.  As a message board poster it gets tiresome when you feel a particular poster is just baiting over and over again.  I'm not on a podcast, I don't have to talk to fill time, hence the ignore button.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

similarly to how weird i find reporting something to an e-moderator, i find having to put a poster on ignore to actually just ignore them and not be bothered by them is odd. all goes back to just reading posts without reading who posted it first.

Good to see you posting again. Looking forward to a great season!

On 3/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't think you should put everyone you disagree with on ignore -- but personally once I put a few posters on ignore my soxtalk experience and my own posting got better.

Disagreement has nothing to do with the ignore option IMO.  Some posters just ruin the experience of discussing the team.  

• Like 1

Being a Season Ticket holder I received an extensive email yesterday regarding acquiring tickets for the opening homestand and the rules  once you're in the stadium.  You can't bring in any type of bag including a bottle of water.  You have to wear a mask at all times. You will be required to stay within pre-assigned zones, which include designated concession and restroom areas. In other words you can't walk around the park. There are numerous other rules  and i can't help but wonder, how many fans are actually going to go to the first homestand?  I realize adjustments have to be made but it rubs me as if the overall enjoyment of going to the game is being taken away.

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Being a Season Ticket holder I received an extensive email yesterday regarding acquiring tickets for the opening homestand and the rules  once you're in the stadium.  You can't bring in any type of bag including a bottle of water.  You have to wear a mask at all times. You will be required to stay within pre-assigned zones, which include designated concession and restroom areas. In other words you can't walk around the park. There are numerous other rules  and i can't help but wonder, how many fans are actually going to go to the first homestand?  I realize adjustments have to be made but it rubs me as if the overall enjoyment of going to the game is being taken away.

I would be willing to bet that every available seat is full regardless of restrictions