Change the Game

Southwest Sider

This is a slogan brought on almost entirely because of Tim Anderson's bat flip and the teams rejection of unwritten rules and generally making baseball a more fun event for fans to attract more of them.

Right? Or does it mean something else completely? If not, Sox marketing department must be furious with TLR. 

I'd like to discuss the slogan now and what it means to you, as well as what you think it means to the Sox players, marketing department, upper management, and... TLR.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, T R U said:

I think our players have no business ignoring signs from their manager. Doesn't matter how much fun you think you should be having, that's just bullshit.

Yep. You’re a professional. You can’t be openly defying your coaches at this level. It doesn’t matter in a 16-4 game, but it’s a long-term culture thing. If you let one player get away with it, others will follow. Nip it in the bud now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Yep. You’re a professional. You can’t be openly defying your coaches at this level. It doesn’t matter in a 16-4 game, but it’s a long-term culture thing. If you let one player get away with it, others will follow. Nip it in the bud now. 

Would have been nice if LaRussa nipped the whole drinking and driving thing in the bud after the first time he made his mistake, but apparently he didn't get the message. I mean, you can’t be openly defying the law at this level. It does matter if the roads are packed or empty, it’s a long-term culture thing. But I guess it you let him get away with it, other DUI's will follow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Could be interpreted as "take it out of the park," which would be changing the game.

The slogan represents making baseball fun. Which TLR doesn't want.