White Sox Winner! 1st Game of the Infamous Trap Series!

ron883

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

If he can "consistently beat the good teams" as well as the cellar dwellers...he'll be top 1 in baseball rather than top 27.

For real, I would also like Dylan Cease to become a Cy Young contender, but like damn, give him time.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Cease is definitely closing in on question mark territory.  If you swap him out for Kopech, maybe.

Glasnow, Yarborough, Dick Mountain/Rich Hill, Fleming, McClanahan and Wacha has been quite effective, especially Glasnow/Hill.

Cease is ranked in the 69th percentile for xwOBA.  The only question with him is he can he take the next leap to legit TOR starter or will he remain an excellent mid rotation guy.

11 hours ago, wegner said:

That grilled onion smell gets me every time when I go to a game.

11 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

totally, mariners have a pretty good selection outside the stadium whenever I go.  would have ot fucking imagine the sox have some good spots if you take the train or in the lots in the way in.

I recently went on a ballpark trip. Started with the Sox, then to Minneapolis, St Louis and Cincinatti. One thing that I noticed at the end of it all...none of the other parks had the brilliant, pungent grilled onion smell just ruminating throughout the ballpark. I wonder if that smell is one of a kind with the Sox Park. One of my favorite combinations of smells at home is sauteed peppers and onions, and I really think it's because it reminds me of being a kid again going to Sox games. It also tastes amazing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

There are plenty of people that disagree with me and I don't call any of them trolls... besides ron - because that's his schtick

lol look at the first post that starts this thread....

I should have done that before I said anything.  My mistake.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Cease is definitely closing in on question mark territory.  If you swap him out for Kopech, maybe.

Glasnow, Yarborough, Dick Mountain/Rich Hill, Fleming, McClanahan and Wacha has been quite effective, especially Glasnow/Hill.

But looking at Cease's stats K/BB, HR allowed, hits allowed, ERA, I would rank him equal or slightly better overall than  Fleming-McClanhan-Wacha

4 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Sox starters are 4th in MLB with a 3.09 ERA. Only team in the AL in the top 7.

By the way, the Tigers are 5th in the AL. Their bullpen is a disaster though.

That is why I said best in AL.  ERA is not a useful stat comparing AL/NL  since the DH will skew it somewhat.