AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

15 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

No, it’s not happening quite often lately.

After  he was beaned in the kneecap, Jose had a slash line of .333/.538/.667/1.205 over 3 games In the Minnesota series before going 0/5 tonight, but please don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative to destroy Abreu by any means necessary. You honestly sicken me with your agenda.

Is there any player that didnt crush the Twin's pitching?

Jose the last 14 days: .188 BA, .638 OPS (with a whopping .281 SLG)

Jose the previous month: .182 BA, .572 OPS

Sorry, but he's been terrible as of late. The stats are cut and dry. No way around it. You are letting your agenda get in the way of the facts.

Edited by ron883

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is there any player that didnt crush the Twin's pitching?

Jose the last 14 days: .188 BA, .638 OPS (with a whopping .281 SLG)

Jose the previous month: .182 BA, .572 OPS

Sorry, but he's been terrible as of late. The stats are cut and dry. No way around it. You are letting your agenda get in the way of the facts.

Tim been slumping as well, BA and OPS dropped from .313 & .798 to .289 & .724 since the Astros Series.  .229 / ,463 the past 14 days. The season is a grind, players go through ebbs and flows. That's why it's foolish to project a hot or slow start as predictive of final numbers.

Yermin's hot start created a "conundrum". Vaughn needs to be demoted or platooned. Pedigree and ability matter. That said, both Abreu and Tim could use scheduled rest, Tony defers too much to a players assessment, needs to manage loads better.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Tim been slumping as well, BA and OPS dropped from .313 & .798 to .289 & .724 since the Astros Series.  .229 / ,463 the past 14 days. The season is a grind, players go through ebbs and flows. That's why it's foolish to project a hot or slow start as predictive of final numbers.

Yermin's hot start created a "conundrum". Vaughn needs to be demoted or platooned. Pedigree and ability matter. That said, both Abreu and Tim could use scheduled rest, Tony defers too much to a players assessment, needs to manage loads better.

Yes, Timmy has been horrible too. Speaking of conundrum, I wonder how the roster shakes out with Robert and Eloy returning. I'm assuming Eloy takes over at DH. You have to keep Vaughn in LF. Do we really keep Eaton's bum ass in RF? Will they just keep putting Sheets there (if he keeps hitting) and say F it to defense? Burger will go back down if I had to guess. 

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yes, Timmy has been horrible too. Speaking of conundrum, I wonder how the roster shakes out with Robert and Eloy returning. I'm assuming Eloy takes over at DH. You have to keep Vaughn in LF. Do we really keep Eaton's bum ass in RF? Will they just keep putting Sheets there (if he keeps hitting) and say F it to defense? Burger will go back down if I had to guess. 

Defense matters, especially in the playoffs when games are played tighter and your not facing the riff raff the Sox are playing this stretch. If Eaton is healthy, he's going to play at minimum vs. RHP in the playoffs. It's a big if, but that's likely what Tony will do if he is healthy.

It's possible Sheets is on the team when they return, but don't see him as a starting RF in the playoffs, and wouldn't consider Burger or Sheets as favorites to be on a playoff roster. They are here as an emergency, but hopefully both contribute and gain valuable experience.

Roberts and Eloy need to cross two thresholds, one is to recover fully to return, two and more important is to gain their timing and contribute up to their expected level with a few to several weeks left in the season. Have to give credit to those players answering the bell throughout the season, including the much maligned Yoan.

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Defense matters, especially in the playoffs when games are played tighter and your not facing the riff raff the Sox are playing this stretch. If Eaton is healthy, he's going to play at minimum vs. RHP in the playoffs. It's a big if, but that's likely what Tony will do if he is healthy.

It's possible Sheets is on the team when they return, but don't see him as a starting RF in the playoffs, and wouldn't consider Burger or Sheets as favorites to be on a playoff roster. They are here as an emergency, but hopefully both contribute and gain valuable experience.

Roberts and Eloy need to cross two thresholds, one is to recover fully to return, two and more important is to gain their timing and contribute up to their expected level with a few to several weeks left in the season. Have to give credit to those players answering the bell throughout the season, including the much maligned Yoan.

If Eaton cannot stay productive or healthy I would give him a bus ticket but I doubt they would own up to the situation. 

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't have an opinion on Burger yet but Sheets looks like the real deal to me.🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yep...and that's why Eloy will be our DH of the future.

Are the people that thought we were crazy when we said that same thing earlier coming around as well?  If Eloy puts up the numbers that he can, I could give a crap that he is not playing a position....although maybe he could handle some 1B?

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

Are the people that thought we were crazy when we said that same thing earlier coming around as well?  If Eloy puts up the numbers that he can, I could give a crap that he is not playing a position....although maybe he could handle some 1B?

I think there's more chance of injury at first than left for Eloy's clumsy ass. 

Imagine his situational awareness with people running and throwing towards him?  

Edited by black jack

1 minute ago, black jack said:

I think there's more chance of injury at first than left for Eloy's clumsy ass. 

Imagine his situational awareness with people running and throwing towards him?  

DH it is Black Jack

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think a DH who can play a little left field is perfectly fine for Eloy,  They put Vaughn in at third when Moncada got hurt the other night.  Can't imagine doing that with Eloy.  

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I think a DH who can play a little left field is perfectly fine for Eloy,  They put Vaughn in at third when Moncada got hurt the other night.  Can't imagine doing that with Eloy.  

Not without using one of those cages around him that they use for the batting practice pitchers

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

I don't have an opinion on Burger yet but Sheets looks like the real deal to me.🙂

He has been raking, just think Boston will have to work OT with Sheets to get him to the point he can play OF in the playoffs.

Wouldn’t want to pencil in Lamb or Goodwin in the OF either, could cause big problems pitching wise with pitchers needing four or five outs to get out of an inning. Playoffs too important to cut corners defensively, with LF already a huge liability if Eloy returns to the field.

• Haha 1