Kris Bryant traded to Giants

Southwest Sider

2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention this but what if the Cubs straight up did not want to send the face of their franchise across town to help the Sox win a WS. Sounds corny but with the way they have been doing “farewells” for their “core” guys maybe they just didn’t want to deal with that fan backlash unless the Sox severely overpaid.

We already did that for Kimbrel. I was surprised as shit that they traded Bryant for that package but we couldn't get him along with Kimbrel if we added someone like Burger. 

5 hours ago, chw42 said:

We already did that for Kimbrel. I was surprised as shit that they traded Bryant for that package but we couldn't get him along with Kimbrel if we added someone like Burger. 

If it comes to backlash, Kimbrel is no where close to Bryant in terms of fan freakout if he comes to the southside and wins. Cubs fans already knew Kimbrel was likely gone but they held out hope Bryant would stay and resign(stupid i know). I'm guessing Hahn probably tried to get trade for a package of both those guys and they balked at sending Bryant. Also concerning Burger I don't think his inclusion meant alot for these teams when discussing deals for impact guys, just my 2 cents or else he'd be gone.

Edited by TheTruth05

10 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention this but what if the Cubs straight up did not want to send the face of their franchise across town to help the Sox win a WS. Sounds corny but with the way they have been doing “farewells” for their “core” guys maybe they just didn’t want to deal with that fan backlash unless the Sox severely overpaid.

It’s possible the Northsiders preferred not to send a homegrown star across town and asked for more from the Sox than Giants.  The thought crossed my mind as well.  I’d be curious to know what the Sox offer was and why they couldn’t get that one done as too. 

Edited by Tnetennba