Kris Bryant traded to Giants

Southwest Sider

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

That's actually one thing I'm kind of disappointed about. I was looking forward to both teams being competitive and I was excited for some storybook crosstown games. But if only one team can be good, I'm glad it's our Sox.

The White Sox actually need some of those wins to chase down Houston and Boston.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

The Cubs absolutely blew it all up and they are now in full rebuild mode. They'll build around Contreras. This is now a White Sox town.

The Cubs now are doing what I was so against the White Sox doing. The tank thing while rebuilding several years. Hard to believe the Cubs are yet another Chicago team (Bears, Sox, Cubs) to get just the one title out of that unit good enough to win it all. Cubs remain the most embarrassing MLB team from 1960 to now. Sox need to pull a Blackhawks and win 3 in coming years baby!

Edited by greg775

Being frank, Cubs actually did a solid job in the start of their rebuild this deadline.... I think they may be a fun team to play in the future.... PCA/Madrigal (granted I'm not the highest on him)/Alcantara is pretty solid... Have to give credit where credit is due.

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

The Cubs now are doing what I was so against the White Sox doing. The tank thing while rebuilding several years. Hard to believe the Cubs are yet another Chicago team to get just the one title out of that unit good enough to win it all. Cubs remain the most embarrassing team from 1960 to now. Sox need to pull a Blackhawks and win 3 in coming years baby!

Winning the World Series is hard. Atlanta went to like 14 straight postseasons and won 1 championship

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

The Cubs now are doing what I was so against the White Sox doing. The tank thing while rebuilding several years. Hard to believe the Cubs are yet another Chicago team (Bears, Sox, Cubs) to get just the one title out of that unit good enough to win it all. Cubs remain the most embarrassing team from 1960 to now. Sox need to pull a Blackhawks and win 3 in coming years baby!

Most of their guys are free agents after this year. Why wouldn’t they trade them?

• Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

That noise you hear is the deflation of Cubs' fans Bart dream...makes it even sweeter

I literally texted my buddy the Cubs got Bart and seconds later his friend in the front office texted him that’s not true...I’m never seen someone come down from such a high so quickly in all my life

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Woooww that sucks

Couldn't we have jsut tacked on some 40 man fodder and had him added to the Kimbrel trade?  Fuck, Madrigal and Heuer should have been enough. Still reeling over here. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Couldn't we have jsut tacked on some 40 man fodder and had him added to the Kimbrel trade?  Fuck, Madrigal and Heuer should have been enough. Still reeling over here. 

Yeah, I would have been fine with that trade if Bryant was a part of it. Throw in Rutherford or Mendick or w/e.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Maybe those guys are good, we have no clue. I knew Joey Bart obviously.

23 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

The Cubs absolutely blew it all up and they are now in full rebuild mode. They'll build around Contreras. This is now a White Sox town.

They extended him?  Didn’t they learn from Mauer and Posey (up until this year again, where he had a full Covid rest year) contracts about catchers nearing late 20’s or early 30’s?

And Contreras isn’t quite as good a hitter as Sal Perez.  Will be interesting to see how that works out for them.

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah, I would have been fine with that trade if Bryant was a part of it. Throw in Rutherford or Mendick or w/e.

Yah, definitely would have eased some of the pain I am feeling.