2000 White Sox

DannyWright

8 hours ago, Snopek said:

Why do you need to decide right now how they will do in the playoffs?

Because everyone says the hottest teams win more often than not. And we've been  500 for almost three months now. That two seed is critical for us in the worst way. This team had the potential to win a series or two in the playoffs, but they need to find some continuity and sparks soon. 

7 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I think any of the teams going to the playoffs can end up in the World Series. I think it is that wide open. The Rays have the best record, but they have 18-1 margin against the  Orioles. Not knocking that, but the Sox and the West teams didn't have the advantage of playing against Baltimore 19 times.

DannyWright is entitled to his opinion. The White Sox have some question marks heading into the post season. But I think they have the same chance as any other contender.

Let's be real. The Orioles suck but the Rays play against the Red Sox, Yankees, and Jays. You could make a good argument that all of these teams are better than us, and they certainly are better than every other team in our division. 

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Because everyone says the hottest teams win more often than not. And we've been  500 for almost three months now. That two seed is critical for us in the worst way. This team had the potential to win a series or two in the playoffs, but they need to find some continuity and sparks soon. 

Sox haven't had a chance to get hot. The top 6 guys in the lineup, TA/Yoan/Jose/Eloy/Yaz/Robert have played what, 5 games together?

Want to see how that lineup does over a two week span before I judge how hot they are or aren't.

24 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Sox haven't had a chance to get hot. The top 6 guys in the lineup, TA/Yoan/Jose/Eloy/Yaz/Robert have played what, 5 games together?

Want to see how that lineup does over a two week span before I judge how hot they are or aren't.

That's my point. Whatever the reason it hasn't come together yet. And with the rest schedule we are kind of playing with fire. 

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Hottest team…at playoff time.  Not in late August/early September.

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Hottest team…at playoff time.  Not in late August/early September.

Go back over the last 10 teams that represented the AL in the WS. Most of them were clearly a top 2 team in the league. And even the questionable teams played in two recent WS' (Royals, Rangers, Tigers). I agree that getting hot and rolling helps a lot, but with our resting schedules it will be hard to get there. And if we do, we still probably want that HFA over Houston. 

5 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Go back over the last 10 teams that represented the AL in the WS. Most of them were clearly a top 2 team in the league. And even the questionable teams played in two recent WS' (Royals, Rangers, Tigers). I agree that getting hot and rolling helps a lot, but with our resting schedules it will be hard to get there. And if we do, we still probably want that HFA over Houston. 

We are 7-3 in our last 10 games. That’s not a positive trend?