Full 2022 Spring Training Broadcast Schedule

DoUEvenShift

I will keep updated as more information comes out. If anyone sees any away game info that I missed feel free to let me know and I can update. 

Date:                                                 Time:                    Radio:                                  Television:

March 17th SS vs. Cubs                   3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                        TV: NBCSCH

March 17th SS @ Cubs                    3:05PM                                                               TV: Marquee & MLB Network

March 19th vs. Guardians              3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN

March 20th @ Rockies                    TBD                       Radio: KOA 850

March 21st vs. Dodgers                 3:05PM                  Radio: ESPN                        TV: NBCSCH

March 22nd @ Brewers                  3:10PM                  Radio: WTMJ                       TV: Bally Sports Wisconsin

March 23rd @ Rangers                   3:05PM                 Radio: Webcast texasrangers.com

March 24th vs. Giants                     3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                       

March 25th @ Mariners                  8:40PM                 Radio: KIRO 710

March 26th vs. Angels                     3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                        TV: NBCSCH

March 27th @ Dodgers                   3:05PM                 Radio: LA 570                      TV: SportsNet LA

March 28th vs. Padres                     3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                       

March 30th vs. Rangers                  3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                        TV: NBCSCH

March 31st @ Reds                          8:05PM                 Radio: WLW 700

April 1st vs. Athletics                        3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                        TV: NBCSCH

April 2nd @ Diamondbacks             8:10PM                 Radio: 98.7 FM AZ             TV: Bally Sports AZ

April 3rd vs. Rockies                         3:05PM                 Radio: ESPN                        TV: NBCSCH

April 4th @ Cubs                               3:05PM                 Radio: 670 The Score        TV: Marquee

April 5th @ Padres                            2:10PM                                                               TV: BSSD

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

So both split squad games tomorrow are on separate TV networks? Kind of funny

Yup home game on NBC Sports Chicago and Away Game on Marquee. I'll have one on TV and one on my computer. Will be a very productive couple hours at work

Didn't want to start a new thread so will post here.

Do any out of towners in here subscribe to MLB Extra Innings via Comcast?  How do you like it?  Able to access all games - subject to any espn or local blackouts - without issue like you would with MLB.tv?

I have been an mlb.tv subscriber and supporter.  Still love it.  But I am unable to get MLB.tv on my basement tv and it drives me nuts.  Moved into my current house just before last season started and bought a new LG tv.  Once I had it mounted, realized that the LG doesn't support MLB.tv.  FML.  When I try to stream via my phone or PS4, its skippy/buffers a ton.  Really not a realistic or enjoyable way to watch a ball game, so basically removes all ability for me to watch Sox games in my basement unless its a national telecast.

So long story short, I am considering just biting the bullet and buying MLB extra innings.  But I am a newer comcast customer (was always DTV person), and have never had the comcast MLB package.  Did grow up with MLB Extra Innigns on DTV and it was fantastic.  Would just love to get the opinion of a few people who have subscribed to the comcast version before diving in.  

Thanks in advance for the 2 cents! 

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread so will post here.

Do any out of towners in here subscribe to MLB Extra Innings via Comcast?  How do you like it?  Able to access all games - subject to any espn or local blackouts - without issue like you would with MLB.tv?

I have been an mlb.tv subscriber and supporter.  Still love it.  But I am unable to get MLB.tv on my basement tv and it drives me nuts.  Moved into my current house just before last season started and bought a new LG tv.  Once I had it mounted, realized that the LG doesn't support MLB.tv.  FML.  When I try to stream via my phone or PS4, its skippy/buffers a ton.  Really not a realistic or enjoyable way to watch a ball game, so basically removes all ability for me to watch Sox games in my basement unless its a national telecast.

So long story short, I am considering just biting the bullet and buying MLB extra innings.  But I am a newer comcast customer (was always DTV person), and have never had the comcast MLB package.  Did grow up with MLB Extra Innigns on DTV and it was fantastic.  Would just love to get the opinion of a few people who have subscribed to the comcast version before diving in.  

Thanks in advance for the 2 cents! 

Don't pay for the Xtra innings if you already have MLBTv. If your TV doesn't support the App, just buy a cheap Amazon Firestick, Roku, etc for $20 or so and download the app there for free.  The device connects easily with an HDMI to the TV.

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Don't pay for the Xtra innings if you already have MLBTv. If your TV doesn't support the App, just buy a cheap Amazon Firestick, Roku, etc for $20 or so and download the app there for free.  The device connects easily with an HDMI to the TV.

Thanks.  Will try that first.  I do think unfortunately its an internet issue in the basement.  I've tried that route with the my PS4 and phone and mlb.tv just buffers.  But I'll give a firestick a shot before resorting to that.  Thanks for the tip! 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Thanks.  Will try that first.  I do think unfortunately its an internet issue in the basement.  I've tried that route with the my PS4 and phone and mlb.tv just buffers.  But I'll give a firestick a shot before resorting to that.  Thanks for the tip! 

If you're PS4 is struggling with the APP, then definitely it's an internet issue.  I'd download on the PS4 an Internet Speed Test App first to test your connection speeds.  If they suck, then any streaming service is going to struggle in the basement.  Now, if you have your Internet/WiFi router in the basement, try running a direct ethernet line cable from that router to the PS4 and give it a test.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

If you're PS4 is struggling with the APP, then definitely it's an internet issue.  I'd download on the PS4 an Internet Speed Test App first to test your connection speeds.  If they suck, then any streaming service is going to struggle in the basement.  Now, if you have your Internet/WiFi router in the basement, try running a direct ethernet line cable from that router to the PS4 and give it a test.

I keep my interest router in my office because I WFH.  Seemingly struggle to get fast internet the further from the router I get.  ITs weird because the built in netflix on my basement TV works great.  But once I use my PS4 for mlb.tv, it sucks and skips constantly. 

Guess I will just try to stop by Comcast store before season to see if they have any suggestions on improving internet strength in basement.  Maybe my bitching will get them to toss in the mlb package 🤣. If no dice, may jsut try out a firestick anyway.  They're pretty cheap I think. 

Appreciate your two cents!  I know my wife would be happy if I could watch games somewhere other than my living room!  She gets pretty Sox'd out by about.....late April lol.  

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I've noticed that every spring training game has been available for free on MLB.TV.....which is nice so far.

Yes, I think they've done it for every game so far. Hope they keep it up for the rest of ST.

Also edit: I assumed a "Webcast" meant Video but it looks like the Webcast tomorrow against the Rangers is audio only 😕

18 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes, I think they've done it for every game so far. Hope they keep it up for the rest of ST.

Also edit: I assumed a "Webcast" meant Video but it looks like the Webcast tomorrow against the Rangers is audio only 😕

Radio only today? Boooo.  Really enjoyed finishing off my work day with with Sox baseball the past 2 days. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Didn’t really feel like starting a new thread, but did T-Mobile do their free MLBTV subscription yet for this season? I joined T-mobile last July so not really sure exactly when you can sign up for free.

My wife used to have TMobile and I feel like they do it like the Tuesday before Opening Day. They wait until the very end of ST, I think.

• Thanks 1