4/27 GT - Sox @ LAD (3:05 PM)

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He has a 99wRC+ against them for his career. In 2019, it was 121. In 2020, it was 104. Last year, 99. Leury and Harrison are both pretty obvious. It's not like Yoan is a straight platoon guy, or something. Maybe you do think this should happen, but I've never seen you in GT's advocating for Abreu to bat ~7th or whatever against RHP.

His OPS against LHP has been .703 or lower in 4 of his 5 seasons with the Sox.  I also assume Engel in the lineup instead of Leury.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

His OPS against LHP has been .703 or lower in 4 of his 5 seasons with the Sox.  I also assume Engel in the lineup instead of Leury.

Semantics, but wRC+ is a better stat than OPS. OPS (obviously) weights a point of OBP and slug as the same, whereas all the research I've read concludes a point of OBP is much more valuable.

But I don't really want to derail the thread or anything. If the Sox really want to optimize their lineup to the extent established guys are being move around significantly based on their platoon splits, I think that would be great. But TLR doesn't strike mas the manager who will ever do something like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Going to be tough to watch every 5th day  

I don’t dislike the guy, but his starts are the least enjoyable to watch even when things are going good for him.  When he’s K’ing less than 5 per 9 and getting beat up to the tune of a 5+ ERAtl they are even more brutal.

• Like 1