GAMETHREAD 4/26/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Lynch vs Keuchel) 6:10 pm CDT

Capn12

4 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

Man watching the postgame show… I swear TLR looks like he’s ready to pack it in. He looks so tired. 

How the fuck is this surprising to anyone? I would be SHOCKED if this guy lives five more years. He's 77 years old, and looks 90. What the fuck did people expect? Every time he comes out of the dugout I expect him to have a heart attack or stroke. Hiring this guy to manage one of the youngest teams in the league was a fucking disaster day 1. It just gets worse the longer it goes.

• Like 4

For those talking about Ozzie not managing in forever, he's been involved in baseball the entire time. He watches every game this team plays. All of his analysis postgame is spot on. People like to pretend that managing an MLB team is rocket science. It's not. It's mostly common sense, and listening to the numbers. Ozzie would be a HUGE upgrade over this alcoholic, dementia suffering idiot.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Ozzie hasn’t been in a dugout in 10 years.  Let’s not make the same mistake.  

At this point I’m more interested in salvaging the season and would be fine with McEwing or Cairo as interim.  Worry about a new hire in November. 

Most anyone would be better than TLR now.  Would not be surprised if we see him walking to the mound this season with the help of a walker…

5 hours ago, Green Line said:

I don't want Ozzie either but if the options were anyone else inside the org and him.. he's preferable to Cairo no?  If the season really is on the brink, go for the big gamble (Ozzie).

At least it would be more fun with Ozzie.  He has more energy than TLR who looks like a zombie most of the time.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Maybe it's the curse of Madrigal. Royals announcers say they're surprised Sox traded him.

I was surprised too.  Kimbrel did not work out, we did not need a second closer, and we traded a a young, first rounder who is a high OBP guy who does not strike out.  Another Hahn mistake.

I honestly felt like the Sox were trolling me last night. Cold and windy, manager puts a guy with a .346 OPS at DH, the pitchers walk 11 batters, the hitters making bad swing after bad swing, and two more errors. Burger and Foster are the only guys who looked like they were trying. I got fed up and went to the car when the 5th-6th runs scored. My friends followed about 20 minutes later.

I've been trying to write this off as just a bad stretch compounded by injuries and cold weather but I'm worried that it's something more.