5/01- White Sox vs Angels, 1:10, CSN, ESPNR

7 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Of course. These guys aren't conditioned to play the game of baseball, gotta take it easy!

He was plunked on the wrist with a 93 MPH fastball and it’s swollen and painful and he can’t swing the bat… so I hope you’re just being sarcastic 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m sorry you find it “totally unacceptable.”

You know what I find totally unacceptable?

Having a GM for the last decade that still hasn’t won a playoff series. 

Having a GM show zero interest in bringing back one of their best performing pitchers last year, and replace him with Vince Velasquez.

Having s GM be fully aware he built a lineup that isn’t capable to hitting RHP, and doing nothing to address it in the offseason. 

Having a FO take their Opening Day starter to arbitration over $50,000.

Having ownership dig LaRussa out of the ground to manage the team.

Sorry, I’m not going to “cool it.”

Deal with it. 

Cool, I’m happy you have found your stride with your fandom and are “out” as far as this season goes.

If this team makes some sort of comeback this season, I’m sure you’ll be there reminding us every step of the way how badly they’ll ultimately fail at anything. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Cool, I’m happy you have found your stride with your fandom and are “out” as far as this season goes.

If this team makes some sort of comeback this season, I’m sure you’ll be there reminding us every step of the way how badly they’ll ultimately fail at anything. 

I’m sorry you’re so offended by anyone being critical of this franchise. I’m sorry I don’t meet your standard of being a fan. You can make any assumption you want, I’m not going to stop you, knock yourself out. 

ps- thanks for addressing all the points I laid out! No big deal.

Just now, Tony said:

I’m sorry you’re so offended by anyone being critical of this franchise. I’m sorry I don’t meet your standard of being a fan. You can make any assumption you want, I’m not going to stop you, knock yourself out. 

I’m critical of this franchise all the time. I just don’t make sweeping conclusions about the last 7 years of what this FO/organization has been trying to do based on a sample size of roughly 13 bad games. 

Even with their current record, the same basic core has been winning at a 88 win pace per 162 since August of 2019 (162 wins in 299 games played). I suppose that I’m looking more at this group as being at that basic talent level when fully healthy.

36 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m sorry you find it “totally unacceptable.”

You know what I find totally unacceptable?

Having a GM for the last decade that still hasn’t won a playoff series. 

Having a GM show zero interest in bringing back one of their best performing pitchers last year, and replace him with Vince Velasquez.

Having s GM be fully aware he built a lineup that isn’t capable to hitting RHP, and doing nothing to address it in the offseason. 

Having a FO take their Opening Day starter to arbitration over $50,000.

Having ownership dig LaRussa out of the ground to manage the team.

Sorry, I’m not going to “cool it.”

Deal with it. 

I totally agree with this. Same narrative every year. Same filling everyone's ass with smoke. If the Sox were any competent Kenny would have been gone a long time ago. Hahn would be next. I hate when fans say well the Sox are 7th in payroll don't call Jerry cheap. How much of that is wasted money? 

18 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I’m critical of this franchise all the time. I just don’t make sweeping conclusions about the last 7 years of what this FO/organization has been trying to do based on a sample size of roughly 13 bad games. 

Even with their current record, the same basic core has been winning at a 88 win pace per 162 since August of 2019 (162 wins in 299 games played). I suppose that I’m looking more at this group as being at that basic talent level when fully healthy.

And that’s good enough for you? What has that gotten the Sox the last two years? A first round exit. 

What did the Sox do in the offseason to make themselves better? Why should we as fans think the playoffs will be any different? (save the “Once you make the postseason it’s a total crap shoot!” line because the Astros 5 straight ALCS visits end that theory pretty quickly.)

I don’t believe the Sox will play at this pace all season. They will get players back, MLB will probably screw with the ball again, and a lot of the guys on the roster will start hitting closer to their historical averages. With all that said, I still think this club has a ton of deficiencies, a lot of which we knew in the offseason and nothing was done to address it.