These are not the Chicago White Sox

Texsox

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

IIRC, I calculated every American had to eat four Krispy Kreme donuts a day to justify KK's valuation at its market peak in the early 2000s. :D

I'm game for this attempt.

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

IIRC, I calculated every American had to eat four Krispy Kreme donuts a day to justify KK's valuation at its market peak in the early 2000s. :D

Academy Sports is the opposite. Everytime they post good news their stock price drops. 

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

No. But the franchise value is until its sold.

The financial industry has a multitude of ways for people to turn asset appreciation into liquid funds, particularly if some of those funds are going to be spent on something that could contribute to long term growth of the business.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The financial industry has a multitude of ways for people to turn asset appreciation into liquid funds, particularly if some of those funds are going to be spent on something that could contribute to long term growth of the business.

Of course they do. However most of them incur some type of interest and you're right it's usually for business growth not payroll.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="3476765" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.33333" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/who-framed-roger-rabbit-jessica-rabbit-gif-3476765">Jessica Rabbit GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/who+framed+roger+rabbit-gifs">Who Framed Roger Rabbit GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>
Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
Ok I figured it out .

On 6/28/2022 at 6:12 AM, RibbieRubarb said:

Doesn't this team remind people of 2004?

image.png

Second place. On paper...a great line-up.

Flashes of dominance. Seeds of great young pitching...

But they never were consistent. Never on the same page as a team

Look at who we had the balls then to say goodbye to in the off-season

Mags, Carlos Lee, Valentin...etc

Next year...well was history.

I am not saying we are on the cusp of 2005. But maybe we need to lose some fat. Get the players we actually need and manager with a plan everyone agrees with and will play hard for...

We are not a bad team. We just play bad.

Jessica Rabbit GIF - Who Framed Roger Rabbit Jessica Rabbit GIFs