Eloy is dead. Again.

southsider2k5

37 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It absolutely can happen like the Bulls. The problem is Reinsdorf has to drop his arrogant and stubborn owner responsibilities about the need to be fully in charge. He was willing to back away and let his son Michael run the Bulls and he has done a great job. Jerry needs to do the same with the Sox, but it probably won't happen because of his demented arrogance.

I'd also add that the more the fans are upset, the more the media rips the TLR hiring that could make him dig in even more. (Not saying the criticism isn't justified)

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'd also add that the more the fans are upset, the more the media rips the TLR hiring that could make him dig in even more. (Not saying the criticism isn't justified)

I agree and of course we already know the fans are ripping the TLR hiring, but wait until the Sox miss the playoffs if that indeed does happen. I would hope its gets as brutally loud and ugly of criticism as Jerry ever has seen in his ownership life of both teams.

59 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree and of course we already know the fans are ripping the TLR hiring, but wait until the Sox miss the playoffs if that indeed does happen. I would hope its gets as brutally loud and ugly of criticism as Jerry ever has seen in his ownership life of both teams.

What will probably happen is they will be eliminated but then win nine of their last ten and blunt some of the criticism.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SpringfieldFan said:

What will probably happen is they will be eliminated but then win nine of their last ten and blunt some of the criticism.

They’re not going to be eliminated until that last week if it does happen. Cleveland would have to go on a run to make that happen, and they’ve shown no signs of sustaining one either. Right now, the most likely scenario is they maintain a tolerable lead, maybe even one that narrows a bit, and then clinch things while the White Sox and Twins are playing each other in two series in the last 10 days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

They’re not going to be eliminated until that last week if it does happen. Cleveland would have to go on a run to make that happen, and they’ve shown no signs of sustaining one either. Right now, the most likely scenario is they maintain a tolerable lead, maybe even one that narrows a bit, and then clinch things while the White Sox and Twins are playing each other in two series in the last 10 days.

What this man said.

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I would think if they were maybe six (two more than now) out with a couple weeks to go they would be effectively eliminated though not mathematically eliminated. I don’t think I would be on the edge of my seat at that point. Nevertheless, your scenario is the most likely.

Perhaps I assumed Ron's superpowers this week.

Hours before Tony missed Tuesday's game.

Right after Eloy's possible last at bat as a White Sox.

I will have independent scientists confirm or deny this phenomenon. If confirmed, unlike Ron I pledge to use this power for the good of White Sox players, fans and mankind.