7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I guess the issue I have with that premise is we are just focused on the Central. As Sox fans, the goal needs to be bigger than that. Just because the Sox got gifted a spot in the worst division in baseball doesn’t give them an excuse to accept horseshit baseball. 

We (fans)have to be focused on winning the Central because that's where it starts. We have no control over what the Sox do to get the team beyond that point. We've all seen enough baseball where teams make second half runs after things look hopeless.

I don't put a lot of faith in the FO to make competent winning moves but what choice do I have ? I either hope for a rebound fueled by some trades that finally work, better health and players playing to their potential or give up. If i wanted to fold up my fan tent I wouldn't be in Tradewinds suggesting so many ways for Hahn to fix things when I know the FO is to blame for not knowing how to win or blatantly not caring enough about winning.

Logically I don't see anything but a glimmer of hope that the Sox can even make it passed the 1st playoff series they're in, if they manage to be in one this year.

But logic also tells me that people keep buying lottery tickets hoping for the illogical to happen. That's my fandom in a nutshell as I rage against the dying of the light and sinking into the muck of mediocrity once more.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Another issue is every guy in the bullpen seems to pitch one inning every game, so nobody is ever fresh. Makes no sense that a guy will have a 12 pitch inning, but the Sox brain trust doesn’t think he can go another inning or at least get a few more  outs. Every game is a starter going no more than 5 or 6 innings, and 3 or 4 relievers have to be perfect every day.

Jimmy Lambert had a one pitch relief role today.  He could have pitched the 9 th as well IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wegner said:

Our odds had gone from close to 40% at the beginning of the 4 game Twins series to the mid 50s after taking 3 out of 4.  The Twins just aren't gonna run away with this.

The Guardians are better than the Twins. They are the ones we should worry more about.  We haven’t played well against Cleveland this season.

• Like 1