7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I really thought we didn't have a shot at winning this one after Lucas gave up a 3 spot in the first. I thought they'd split this series anyways so whatever. But then they actually come back...only to have the bullpen basically give the game away on a silver platter. The lone hit the Rockies had that inning was barely a hit. This team just knows how to claw your heart out. 

The team played pretty well.  Sad to see Graveman blow it singlehandedly like that.  He got screwed on a couple calls but it seemed like that got to him.  Gotta be able to pitch around that, and pitch to contact when necessary instead of nibbling.  Oh well, I know everybody here likes to tantrum after each loss but I predicted a split in CO.  On to the next one, need at least 2 of 3 from Oakland.

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I wish they would have contracted this franchise back when they were talking about contracting the Twins, then moved the Twins franchise to Chicago and renamed them the White Sox.  It would be like History repeating and that organization with the big market resources from playing in Chicago would dominate the AL Central.

The trouble for the last 4 decades is that asshat and his cronies that own the team. JR, sell the team now and take the huge profit and move back to Brooklyn where you belong. We won in 2005 inspite of you.

• Love 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The team played pretty well.  Sad to see Graveman blow it singlehandedly like that.  He got screwed on a couple calls but it seemed like that got to him.  Gotta be able to pitch around that, and pitch to contact when necessary instead of nibbling.  Oh well, I know everybody here likes to tantrum after each loss but I predicted a split in CO.  On to the next one, need at least 2 of 3 from Oakland.

You must not have seen Leury getting picked off 3rd base after a walk. 

Just now, chw42 said:

You must not have seen Leury getting picked off 3rd base after a walk. 

What’s incredible to me is that after a play like that, you’d think he be doing everything he could to make up for it.   Nope, he hit a one foot grounder and literally walked back to the dugout 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What’s incredible to me is that after a play like that, you’d think he be doing everything he could to make up for it.   Nope, he hit a one foot grounder and literally walked back to the dugout 

He knows he's untouchable.

Pretty convinced if Engle is playing instead of Leury… we win.

Fucking Graveman and Kelly - horrible time for them to be hurt and failing with Hendricks on the rocks.

Dag Gum-It.

9 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

They played like shit today. Bad starting pitching, bad base running, defensive lapses, horrible bullpen, too many walks, blown save, questionable review decisions. It was nice to see them fight back from the early hole, but the sox definitely did not play well today.

Edited by ChiSox59
Voice text failed me
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He did make that one running catch on Iglesias but is so perfectly emblematic of everything that has gone awry with the rebuild.

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Shit it would be terrible to have three straight playoff years FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SOX HISTORY.

That depends on how you feel about the 2020 fake season. 

The record books say the Sox are off the schneid, some people may feel differently. 

Literally the only things the Sox have going for them right now are Mike Shirley and Marco Paddy. I like the direction those guys are going on the farm. 

Too bad Hahn will trade all of those guys for mediocre or washed up relievers. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, hi8is said:

Pretty convinced if Engle is playing instead of Leury… we win.

Fucking Graveman and Kelly - horrible time for them to be hurt and failing with Hendricks on the rocks.

Dag Gum-It.

You’re assuming a two out bases load hit though.

That’s certainly not the Sox forte this particular season.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

You have to place the blame on the manager, who has been enabling this type of behavior, lack of concentration, lack of fundamentals, lack of accountability his entire tenure. Actually both tenures with the White Sox.

Hawk Harrelson was right the first time, bring him back to fire Tony again. Hawk Harrelson cares more about White Sox baseball than JR, KH and TLR combined.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That depends on how you feel about the 2020 fake season. 

The record books say the Sox are off the schneid, some people may feel differently. 

Literally the only things the Sox have going for them right now are Mike Shirley and Marco Paddy. I like the direction those guys are going on the farm. 

Until you hate those players they brought in, in a few years :)

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Until you hate those players they brought in, in a few years :)

Even if the kids they drafted/signed don't work out, I completely agree with the process. 

I was/am a huge fan of Crochet, Montgomery and Schultz. It's not Shirley's fault that Hahn/TLR fucked up GC's development. 

Paddy is doing a good job given Jerry's constraints. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1