9/18 Sox at Det G3

BamaDoc

6 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

He's at 4.0 WAR, his highest since 2017

71 RBIs. His lowest pace.....ever. He is going to decline very soon(if he isn't already). The only question is...when.

Vaughn will put up 3-4 WAR as the full-time 1B within the next season or two. I have no doubts about this

Again, it's time to move on. And I'm a huge Abreu fan.

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

71 RBIs. His lowest pace.....ever. He is going to decline very soon(if he isn't already). The only question is...when.

Vaughn will put up 3-4 WAR as the full-time 1B within the next season or two. I have no doubts about this

Again, it's time to move on. And I'm a huge Abreu fan.

Using counting stats as an argument against him is a pretty poor argument, especially when he's had a revolving door of hitters ahead of him and otherwise proven to be an elite RBI player. He's quietly having one of the best seasons of his career and having to replace another 4.0 WAR on this team will be really fucking hard when there's so much else to attend to. Unless you're advocating to blow it all up, getting rid of your best position player makes 0 sense right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Using counting stats as an argument against him is a pretty poor argument, especially when he's had a revolving door of hitters ahead of him and otherwise proven to be an elite RBI player. He's quietly having one of the best seasons of his career and having to replace another 4.0 WAR on this team will be really fucking hard when there's so much else to attend to. Unless you're advocating to blow it all up, getting rid of your best position player makes 0 sense right now.

Is WAR not a counting stat?  I agree using RBI against him is poor because it is reliant on other players