9/18 Sox at Det G3

BamaDoc

Eloy is invaluable to this offense. You simply cannot trade him, because you can't replace that bat.... The value coming back won't be even remotely close to what the Sox would give up.

He's as natural a power hitter as there exists in the MLB today. He plays 150 games and he's hitting 35-45 every season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Eloy is invaluable to this offense. You simply cannot trade him, because you can't replace that bat.... The value coming back won't be even remotely close to what the Sox would give up.

He's as natural a power hitter as there exists in the MLB today. He plays 150 games and he's hitting 35-45 every season. 

I agree.  The man has easy power and you can't teach that.  In the poll done here awhile ago asking which player would be the best offensive weapon going forward, I voted Eloy and I have not changed from that opinion.

• Like 2

Yes, Eloy is great, Yes Robert can be great if he can stay out of the hospital. Vaughn has now shown that he is the real deal and Sheets has shown it at times.  The offensive core is there. Anderson and Abreu also count. Can we get Andrus to stay for a year or 2 and play second? Moncada seems to be on the mend and offensively improving. Catcher is a big weakness. I think Grandahl is toast, even as a DH, A position that we do not lack for volunteers. Bench wise in the infield we are weak, I believe Garcia’s better days are behind him. Harrison? Wouldn’t be the worst idea for the bench. Pollock is not bad as a backup outfielder AT THE RIGHT PRICE, the last month he’s greatly improved Pitching is for another day. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I would. It's only 10 million for '23 and that could help towards a 5th starter.

It's $12M now, $13M after the idiot Sox send him to the plate 7 more times. $14M if he gets 57 plate appearances the final 2 1/2 weeks.

Only the Dodgers would consider eating that, and Friedman/Gomes would likely outsmart / screw over Hahn again by giving them back a more onerous contract as they did with Kimbrel.

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Totally agree on Abreu  but that isn't going to be until the off-season. Absolutely Vaughn at first and Eloy DH in 2023.

As far as left handed power, I guess for next year bring up Colas, although I wish they would bring him up now. 

I realize we have another year tied into Pollack, but maybe we can trade him in some package in the off-season. I really don't want to see him in 2023 on this roster.

You cannot do that to Abreu, he’s still in great shape, yes, he ALWAYS starts out slowly, but he’s clutch and deserves at least next year. Until these guys prove that they can stay on the field, we need Abreu on the field and especially in the clubhouse. You cannot disrespect him like we did Carlton Fisk, Harold Baines and a few others. He is White Sox through and through and he’s a great ambassador to show the Cubans that the White Sox is the place to be. If you guys don’t think we got Robert to sign because Abreu whispered in  his ear about the organization. At his age he’s in great shape and clutch. We’ve got to give him 2023. 

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

6 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

You cannot do that to Abreu, he’s still in great shape, yes, he ALWAYS starts out slowly, but he’s clutch and deserves at least next year. Until these guys prove that they can stay on the field, we need Abreu on the field and especially in the clubhouse. You cannot disrespect him like we did Carlton Fisk, Harold Baines and a few others. He is White Sox through and through and he’s a great ambassador to show the Cubans that the White Sox is the place to be. If you guys don’t think we got Robert to sign because Abreu whispered in  his ear about the organization. At his age he’s in great shape and clutch. We’ve got to give him 2023. 

He's been as unclutch as a hitter can really be this season. I think he's 0 for the season with the bases loaded... His power also appears to be gone. Unfortunately, I think it's time to move on. The roster just can't accommodate him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Abreu is on another planet compared to what Baines, Fisk and Konerko were at the time the Sox cut and first trade Baines, respectively, and gave Konerko one last contract.

Abreu has a 4.0 bWAR, just short of double that of the second best Sox hitter (Robert 2.1). Cease is the only Sox who has outperformed Abreu (5.7) this season. Abreu was solid last season (3.0 bWAR), and MVP in 2020.

Baines had a 2.6 bWAR in 1989, and 1.3 and 1.7 the two prior years. Fisk was 45 and a negative 0.7 bWAR when he was released. Konerko had a negative 1.3 bWAR before his final one year 2014 contract.

If he returns on a one year plus team option, I think they should bring Abreu back. He's not going to get a higher offer externally, and Jerry will do whatever Abreu wants (play or move to the organization in a different capacity). Quite frankly, he's earned it, the only Sox player over the past decade who has walked the walk.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's been as unclutch as a hitter can really be this season. I think he's 0 for the season with the bases loaded... His power also appears to be gone. Unfortunately, I think it's time to move on. The roster just can't accommodate him. 

Sorry, but there’s one problem, just like TLR, in JR’s eyes, Abreu is also untouchable for at least one more year,  remember, the one thing that  JR LOVES and respects almost as much as money is loyalty. Abreu has been very loyal and JR, TLR, and Hahn love him , we need to suck it up for one more year. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

I also nominate my cousin AJ for color analyst when Stoney retires. By the way he’s cutting down on his schedule I don’t think he’ll go beyond 2 more years. Predicting 2024 as he last season. Blackjack McDowell wouldn’t be a bad alternative is my cousin doesn’t want the job. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I also nominate my cousin AJ for color analyst when Stoney retires. By the way he’s cutting down on his schedule I don’t think he’ll go beyond 2 more years. Predicting 2024 as he last season. Blackjack McDowell wouldn’t be a bad alternative is my cousin doesn’t want the job. 

AJ is your cousin 😆 You must also be tall, abrasive at times, and Polish. 😆

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

You forgot smart as hell and not the right guy for managing a team.

Excuse me, but Abreu's 71 RBI's batting where he does is not what I'd call clutch.  Time to move on from him.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

You forgot smart as hell and not the right guy for managing a team.

Excuse me, but Abreu's 71 RBI's batting where he does is not what I'd call clutch.  Time to move on from him.

He's hitting .255 with RISP this season. Substantially below his average. He's 0 for 11 with the bases loaded. He's been terrible at driving in runs this season. Completely un-clutch.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Sorry, but there’s one problem, just like TLR, in JR’s eyes, Abreu is also untouchable for at least one more year,  remember, the one thing that  JR LOVES and respects almost as much as money is loyalty. Abreu has been very loyal and JR, TLR, and Hahn love him , we need to suck it up for one more year. 

Abreu is the best position player on the team. There is no "sucking that up". 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

45 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Abreu is not clutch, not for at least the last 3 seasons.  He failed his team in the biggest moment during the AL Wild Card series game 3 with the bases loaded.  I will never forget that at bat, it was so bad.

If he got a hit in G 2 or 3 then Ricky is still here.  I can't get over that either.  But he was the MVP!

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

If he got a hit in G 2 or 3 then Ricky is still here.  I can't get over that either.  But he was the MVP!

Or if Hahn had a third starter available (or second good one).

Still think Jerry was setting the table for Ricky by unleashing his hounds (Stone, Garfine, Ozzie) against Ricky in 2020. Jerry already knew he was hiring Tony well before the playoffs. His BFF was facing unemployment and no future job prospects once his DUI was made public. Even if the Sox won the WS, could still see Jerry replacing Ricky with Tony.

Jerry wouldn’t care about the public’s reaction. Jerry picked Krause over Phil Jackson. Jackson left to win five more titles with the Lakers. Krause went with Tim Floyd. The rest is history.

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

Come on man we all know AJ is not my cousin. I picked the monicker because he was key to the 2005 team, gutsy, a pain in the ass to opponents and he stole 1st base in the playoffs 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Abreu is the best position player on the team. There is no "sucking that up". 

Agreed. Love the guy he’s got to on the team and playing next year. Whether it be DH, 1st base, wherever. He’s more than an average 1st baseman. He’s above average and he busted his ass and improved a lot over the years 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Come on man we all know AJ is not my cousin. I picked the monicker because he was key to the 2005 team, gutsy, a pain in the ass to opponents and he stole 1st base in the playoffs 😂😂😂

So you’re saying that you are short, gentle, and Hispanic?