10/4- Twins at Sox, 7:10

flavum

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Funny how he's no longer saying I'm staying here no matter what like he did before.

Only because if one sad individual who has done more to defeat the White Sox than Cleveland, Minnesota, Oakland, the New York Yankees and all the other  MLB teams combined. 

Jose Abreu deserves to be a White Sox for life.

Rick Hahn deserves to be banned from the White Sox for life.

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Is 12 million not close?  10 million? It's early but it'll be at least that at the absolute minimum so everything still applies there

$9.5-10M range probably. He’s better than anyone they’re getting for that amount on the FA market on a 1 year deal. 

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nice to see Lucas pitching well tonight, and the fans braving the final few cold games something to cheer for tonight, including Pito who hit his 40th double tonight.

He needs to return in 2023. If the White Sox bail on Abreu and he signs with the Cubs, f*** this cursed franchise.

What makes you think he signs with the Cubs.   If JR wants him back he'll override Hahn.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Only because if one sad individual who has done more to defeat the White Sox than Cleveland, Minnesota, Oakland, the New York Yankees and all the other  MLB teams combined. 

Jose Abreu deserves to be a White Sox for life.

Rick Hahn deserves to be banned from the White Sox for life.

Frank Thomas left....I hated it but he left.  If Jose goes, it is what it is I guess.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Man I really want Andrus at second base next year for us.

Between Sosa and Gonzalez we have a cheap 2b option already on the roster. I prefer Sosa as I’m liking the 23 HRs he hit this year. 

I also really like Jose Rodriguez, hopefully he comes back strong. 

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

What makes you think he signs with the Cubs.   If JR wants him back he'll override Hahn.

JR better bring him back, or he will lose a lot of fans. A lot, and if Jose goes to the Cubs Jerry will lose even more fans and nobody better dare boo Jose.

He did everything humanly possible to bring a championship to the Chicago White Sox.

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

I'd also consider him at 3rd.

I’m in. I also am not one of the many people on this site that think they are fucked for next year and I certainly am not Bernstein and Holmes, who annoyingly just bitched for the first hour about the team before they finally talked for 15 minutes about solutions.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Between Sosa and Gonzalez we have a cheap 2b option already on the roster. I prefer Sosa as I’m liking the 23 HRs he hit this year. 

I also really like Jose Rodriguez, hopefully he comes back strong. 

Meh. I can see them struggling.

JR better bring him back, or he will lose a lot of fans. A lot, and if Jose goes to the Cubs Jerry will lose even more fans and nobody better dare boo Jose.

He did everything humanly possible to bring a championship to the Chicago White Sox.

If he does bring Abreu back, Sheets has to go and they need an actual right fielder.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Frank Thomas left....I hated it but he left.  If Jose goes, it is what it is I guess.

Yeah, because of typical White Sox petty ass bullshit (Kenny).

Frank went on to have a 3.2 bWAR season with Oakland, which by the way, won their division whereas Kenny’s team were golfing to start October.

• Thanks 1

I don't think they have a choice.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yeah, because of typical White Sox petty ass bullshit (Kenny).

Frank went on to have a 3.2 bWAR season with Oakland, which by the way, won their division whereas Kenny’s team were golfing to start October.

Biggest thing I hated about Kenny was what he did with Frank.  It was some bullshit as you said.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Biggest thing I hated about Kenny was what he did with Frank.  It was some bullshit as you said.

Since the century under 2 GMs the Sox approach is always the same by trying to outhit deficiencies. It was brief for a couple years under Ozzie.