MLB audio price increase and name change to At Bat

caulfield12

Thank you for subscribing to MLB.com. We wanted to let you know about an upcoming change to this subscription.  

The developer, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, is raising the price of this subscription from $19.99 per year to $29.99 per year. Your subscription will automatically renew for $29.99 per year starting March 18 unless you cancel at least a day before. To learn more or cancel, review your subscription.  

Regards,
Apple

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Obviously a 50% increase sounds dramatic.

Gameday Audio is probably one of the best deals available in sports media, particularly for those outside the US.

It has new features, including (video!) streaming of minor league games.

"MLB Audio is now At Bat -- and has a lot more than just audio
For 2023, MLB Audio has a new name: At Bat. Why the new name? Because this subscription also has a lot more to offer than just audio for this coming season.

MLB At Bat subscribers can still listen to blackout-free audio broadcasts of all MLB regular-season games -- with their choice of home or away broadcasts and alternative Spanish audio, where available.

What’s new for this year is all the video now available as part of this subscription. At Bat subscribers will be able to watch live video of Minor League games in the First Pitch app and the MLB apps -- the same as MLB.TV subscribers. At Bat subscribers will also receive access to subscriber-only content like MLB Big Inning, our daily whiparound show with live look-ins and real-time highlights, as well as access to our library of subscriber-only video on demand originals and documentaries."

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-tv-has-new-feature-in-2023

21 minutes ago, 3GamesToLove said:

It has new features, including (video!) streaming of minor league games.

"MLB Audio is now At Bat -- and has a lot more than just audio
For 2023, MLB Audio has a new name: At Bat. Why the new name? Because this subscription also has a lot more to offer than just audio for this coming season.

MLB At Bat subscribers can still listen to blackout-free audio broadcasts of all MLB regular-season games -- with their choice of home or away broadcasts and alternative Spanish audio, where available.

What’s new for this year is all the video now available as part of this subscription. At Bat subscribers will be able to watch live video of Minor League games in the First Pitch app and the MLB apps -- the same as MLB.TV subscribers. At Bat subscribers will also receive access to subscriber-only content like MLB Big Inning, our daily whiparound show with live look-ins and real-time highlights, as well as access to our library of subscriber-only video on demand originals and documentaries."

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-tv-has-new-feature-in-2023

Things I use audio for:

-Listening to Sox games when I’m in the car, walking the dog at night, or an in the office late writing.

things of zero use to me in those situations 
- Video content.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Things I use audio for:

-Listening to Sox games when I’m in the car, walking the dog at night, or an in the office late writing.

things of zero use to me in those situations 
- Video content.

Look into the SiriusXM app.  It has both feeds of all the games plus all the other stations.  

Not sure of the price on its own, we also have it in wife’s car. 

Edited by Leonard Zelig

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Notice they weren’t willing to pay Clevinger and brought in Wacha instead…?

We shall see the respective fWAR for both guys with their new teams these next two years,

Because they knew he was under investigation!!!!!  It’s also the same asshole franchise that continued pitching him last year when they knew about this.  Just stop with all the Padres crap.  We don’t give a s%*#.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fathom said:

Because they knew he was under investigation!!!!!  It’s also the same asshole franchise that continued pitching him last year when they knew about this.  Just stop with all the Padres crap.  We don’t give a s%*#.

Then I will just defer to what Dick Allen said on this same subject...

• 2 weeks later...