4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

14 hours ago, JoshPR said:

And all of soxtalk wanted him gone

You're absolutely right, but now we painfully understand and were clearly burned by the old adage, "Be Careful What You Wish For."

In hindsight Rick Hahn should have told Renteria that he would remain as manager, because frankly he was a good leader and motivator. However to remain the manager, he would have to get rid of his entire loser coaching staff. I realize now, that Renteria with competent coaches for hitting, pitching and the bench, could have helped Ricky make better managerial decisions, especially with the bullpen, which was one of his glaring weaknesses. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You're absolutely right, but now we painfully understand and were clearly burned by the old adage, "Be Careful What You Wish For."

In hindsight Rick Hahn should have told Renteria that he would remain as manager, because frankly he was a good leader and motivator. However to remain the manager, he would have to get rid of his entire loser coaching staff. I realize now, that Renteria with competent coaches for hitting, pitching and the bench, could have helped Ricky make better managerial decisions, especially with the bullpen, which was one of his glaring weaknesses. 

Or he used what he had. I always felt Ricky was shafted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

He was shafted by both sides of town.  Sat through dreadful rebuilds only to be replaced when the teams were ready to contend.

See but with the Sox it was a brew. No matter what and how well he did the old f*** upstairs would have replaced him with Tony cause he wanted to make it right.... That's how fucked up this org is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

In hindsight Rick Hahn should have told Renteria that he would remain as manager, because frankly he was a good leader and motivator.

Well that and the fact the “Executive of the Year” gave Ricky an extension 60 games earlier, after which time the White Sox had their best record under Hahn.

I pointed this out real time, but the consensus after fans were subjected to  non stop propaganda by Garfien, Stone and others employed by Jerry was that Hahn deserved his award and Ricky his pink slip. Didn’t make sense then or now. 

I still maintain Jerry offered the job to Tony sometime between Tony’s arrest and the end of the 2020 faux season, knowing that Tony would no longer be employable once the second DUI came out, following the death of the player earlier within the Angels organization. Also believe with Jerry’s connections down in Arizona, he got the police to sit on the public release of the arrest report until the signing and press conference, and also got him off with a wrist slap in court.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well that and the fact the “Executive of the Year” gave Ricky an extension 60 games earlier, after which time the White Sox had their best record under Hahn.

I pointed this out real time, but the consensus after fans were subjected to  non stop propaganda by Garfien, Stone and others employed by Jerry was that Hahn deserved his award and Ricky his pink slip. Didn’t make sense then or now. 

I still maintain Jerry offered the job to Tony sometime between Tony’s arrest and the end of the 2020 faux season, knowing that Tony would no longer be employable once the second DUI came out, following the death of the player earlier within the Angels organization. Also believe with Jerry’s connections down in Arizona, he got the police to sit on the public release of the arrest report until the signing and press conference, and also got him off with a wrist slap in court.

If that is true which makes sense knowing the loser Jerry is, then my hatred of Jerry has now reached new unforeseen heights. 

• Hawk 1