4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

Just now, flavum said:

Hey Kopech, 

How about showing up, throwing 107 pitches over 7 innings and giving up under 3 runs…you know, like a major league pitcher should be able to do on occasion!

A dominating performance from him sure would be nice....he is still capable of that, I hope.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

A dominating performance from him sure would be nice....he is still capable of that, I hope.

he isn't a starter, they'll figure it out eventually. he's got all the potential to be a badass reliever and possibly closer though 

• Like 3

• bmags pinned this topic
36 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

he isn't a starter, they'll figure it out eventually. he's got all the potential to be a badass reliever and possibly closer though 

Think he can go two games in a row or 3 out of four?  Honest question.

• Like 1

So Colas shows the expected rookie slow down after the league adjusts to him and he now can't crack the startling lineup.  Classic White Sox, the season is already meaningless, let him take his lumps and play nearly every day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

So Colas shows the expected rookie slow down after the league adjusts to him and he now can't crack the startling lineup.  Classic White Sox, the season is already meaningless, let him take his lumps and play nearly every day. 

Weird to sit him against the righty last night only to also sit him against the lefty today.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

that's so hard to believe lol

yeah I didn't realize that either, I've thought to myself "he moves well for a big guy" but never would have guessed a tick behind Robert speed.  Here's compared to the league

image.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I'm trying to give Pedro the benefit of the doubt but this lineup is atrocious. Even with the bodies he has. 

Colas is batting .100 vs lefties this year. Sheets and Haseley should never be in vs lefties. So yeah. Maybe play Colas and get some experience but yes, these are the bodies he has.

Andrus, to his credit, has a .375 OBP vs Lefites this year in 24 PAs. Not a big sample size but at this point, may as well be 1.000 for what we are dealing with.

There is no making a good line-up here.