4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

Just now, joejoesox said:

yeah but the story has already been written, that series is just 4 games of formalities 

This season is over. Just a stunning lack of talent.  Just hoping for younger players to show a pulse and veterans to boost trade value. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

A winless road trip. 7-18. If no accountability is shown between now and the first pitch of tomorrow's loss, this franchise just doesn't care.

The only move I expect tomorrow is Lucas Giolito being activated from the Bereavement List for Banks.

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I dont understand what happened to the slider. It just disappeared.

Sticky stuff ban has almost 100% correlation to our pitchers suddenly forgetting how to throw a baseball. Listen to that Lance Lynn interview with AJ, he made it sound like they were using it a lot (could just be the way I interpreted it but you should listen to that interview!)

26 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

IDK, maybe a new Pres & GM hired from the outside from a winning organization that actually know how to develop those type of players. 

How did that description work with the new rookie manager!? 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Not to be scoreboard watching, but I was curious how we were not in last place yet.  The Royals are 1-12 at home, yikes.  Of course, we still are only 1 game up on them.  But 1-12??!!!

I love it.  Reverse scoreboard watching in April for last place in the whole fucking league.  I find that to be entertaining.  Rooting for Royals and A’s wins.  It’s beautifully awful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I love it.  Reverse scoreboard watching in April for last place in the whole fucking league.  I find that to be entertaining.  Rooting for Royals and A’s wins.  It’s beautifully awful. 

At least Oakland is actively trying to lose.  I mean they won't admit it but they are.  The Sox are in the middle of a Championship Window....

image.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This season is over. Just a stunning lack of talent.  Just hoping for younger players to show a pulse and veterans to boost trade value. 

the slow start, sticky ban, "new coaching philosophy that everyone is trying to learn", and everyone pressing too hard to overcompensate for the hole theyve dug is the biggest reasons outside of the same old organizational failures we've all talked about for the last 4-5 years

I truly don't think most of these guys are nearly as bad as they're playing, I really don't (some guys are like Andrus, Romy, and the kid from the Royals that Grifol brought with him)

Diekman wasn't this awful before he came here, and Bummer was good before his injury

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

it's so bad Pittsburgh Pirate fans are trolling White Sox Twitter.

Good!! I hope this FO and ownership group gets targeted and is completely embarrassed! They deserve all the negative press and media coverage they get!

• Like 2

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

Kopech just does not generate a lot of soft contact and his K rate isn't good.  Brutal to watch for someone we thought would be elite someday.

He's one of the guys where his arm just didn't really come back after TJS. He also had some shoulder issues IIRC, sucks, but that's pitching.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Andrew Vaughn is now at a career -1 fWAR. Another wasted draft pick. Maybe in three years he's an average regular.

But wait until he adds muscle….despite being totally maxed out.  I don’t see where any increased power comes from, unless he learns to pull everything.  He doesn’t have enough opposite field power to consistently get it out.

• Like 1

Honestly, I blame the organization not being able to help these guys. Its just across the board of consistently watching players who have potential and had success in the minor league not be able to put it together at the MLB level. 

The coaches need to do better. They should rethink a new pitching coach at this point. Beyond Cease everybody else has taken a step backwards under him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's one of the guys where his arm just didn't really come back after TJS. He also had some shoulder issues IIRC, sucks, but that's pitching.

He’s also turned into a two-pitch guy, and one of those pitches has become horrible.