4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

1 minute ago, kwill said:

Honestly, I blame the organization not being able to help these guys. Its just across the board of consistently watching players who have potential and had success in the minor league not be able to put it together at the MLB level. 

The coaches need to do better. They should rethink a new pitching coach at this point. Beyond Cease everybody else has taken a step backwards under him. 

Despite what some will tell you a lot of development still happens at the MLB level. Hell, remember that video of I think it was the 1st base coach teaching fielding that went viral last year? We don't have a single guy like that around in our org. We have dead wood like Boston and super Joe.

5 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Sticky stuff ban has almost 100% correlation to our pitchers suddenly forgetting how to throw a baseball. Listen to that Lance Lynn interview with AJ, he made it sound like they were using it a lot (could just be the way I interpreted it but you should listen to that interview!)

Need to listen to that interview, but I've always suspected this.  Katz has done zero for me to give him the benefit of any doubts, so I question if his coaching technique, especially with his pet project Giolito, was simply to increase lateral movement and FB ride with the aid of spider tack, and he's been scrambling ever since the ban to reinvent himself, which has in turn resulted in a complete loss of control for most of our staff.  Pure speculation, but he certainly seems to be a fraud. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Ozzie would have been the best hire. Or maybe not but at that point it wouldn't matter so he would have been most entertaining nonetheless.

Ozzie might still want the job, but then again how many guys would actually jump onto a sinking ship?

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Kopech's a head case

he's scrambling to figure out how to play baseball, no different than literally everyone else on this team

it's so obvious that everyone is pressing too hard now that they're buried in the standings

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

They have been outscored 11-0 in 13 innings since KW said he was irritated and accountability wasn't a problem.

Whens the last time these guys have scored in multiple innings in a game?

Edit: April 22.....

Edited by T R U
  • Fire 1

Just now, chetkincaid said:

It’ll be very interesting to see that this front office does at the all star break. If you’re going to be this bad then you might as well do another full scale rebuild. 

oh yeah TA and Giolito are 100% gone, I'll put money down on that if there's a site for it lol

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

It’ll be very interesting to see that this front office does at the all star break. If you’re going to be this bad then you might as well do another full scale rebuild. 

Except you cant, unless they are going to fire and replace Hahn mid-season, because there is no way you can let this regime lead ANOTHER rebuild.

• Like 1

Just now, superchops70 said:

They've got to make a drastic change, like soon, right? Like fire the manager or some thing?? This is ineptitude of an enormous scale right now

This is what needs to happen, you ride out this sunk year. You trade guys like Giolito, Lynn, etc. at the deadline for what you can get. At the end of the year Hahn is canned and an outside hire is made to rebuild this team. That guy can fire and replace the manager if he sees fit and then you can start looking at trading some of the more valuable pieces we have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

They've got to make a drastic change, like soon, right? Like fire the manager or some thing?? This is ineptitude of an enormous scale right now

That would be my thought! Do something now!

1 minute ago, superchops70 said:

Oakland, Kansas City, they knew they were going to be bad. We're supposed to be in our "window" for goodness sake 

The window shut last year.  This offseason wasn’t the actions of a team trying to contend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Does it really matter who bats lead off the way these guys are performing with the lumber?

Benny or Vaughn should be leading off, won't make that much of a difference but imo they're your two best options 

• Like 1