4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

Just now, caulfield12 said:

TLR is somewhere with that smug look on his face saying I told you so... that seemed to start with the back and forth with Hahn through media channels over Kimbrel's acquisition/lack of fit on the team. 

I'm no TLR fan, but its hard to argue that perhaps TLR was keeping the tent from blowing off this circus. 

34 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm firmly in middle age now and I've been a big sports fan for over three decades now and I really cannot remember a team that expected to at least be decent that stumbled this bad out of the gate. They aren't just losing, they are not even competitive.

Yes, which was my point. I can no longer find words to describe what’s going on. It’s gone way past any way I can describe this.

• Like 2

Just now, Jake said:

So...I don't want to act like the manager really matters all that much, but when things are going *this* badly you've gotta wonder about the manager right?

Yep, also seems like a completely broken clubhouse.  The antics between Eloy and Robert yesterday was embarrassing, and many people have pointed out how Eloy doesn’t interact with anyone on the bench now.

I don't study the rankings but the Sox starting rotation has to be one of the worst in baseball, right? To go with a bullpen that arguably is the worst in baseball.

The offense also is miserable. Can you imagine paying face value for tix and parking and concessions for a Sox home game after this month of April? 

Re the upcoming firesale: Will be interesting to see if our "prospects" truly are worth as much as we figured during the tank/rebuild. Sheets, Vaughn, Eloy, Moncada? My guess is only Robert and Timmy are worth much to MLB teams. Our pitching prospects? I dunno man.

Just now, fathom said:

Yep, also seems like a completely broken clubhouse.  The antics between Eloy and Robert yesterday was embarrassing, and many people have pointed out how Eloy doesn’t interact with anyone on the bench now.

I have tried to disengage a little bit but Eloy definitely looks completely joyless in my observations

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

So...I don't want to act like the manager really matters all that much, but when things are going *this* badly you've gotta wonder about the manager right?

If you have a roster you think is a contender, absolutely. 

If the roster isn't a contender, and is as bad as teams you had when you were trying to lose, you need to fix the front office.