4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

is Romy the worst player on a MLB roster? He could very well be. A zero tool player.

I mean, between Sosa, Romy, and Andrus we may have the worst three let alone the worst one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The window shut last year.  This offseason wasn’t the actions of a team trying to contend.

They were not legitimately trying to contend this entire period. They have never corrected 2B or RF this entire time, never built the starting pitching depth and solid bullpen required to advance in the playoffs.

• 2017-2019 - Tanking
  • 2020 - Shortened season, 2 viable starting pitchers with no upgrades due to "catastrophic losses" we all know were a crock of s%*#. This was a planned tanking season until the 60 game Central schedule farse made them "contenders".
  • 2021 - Jerry hires crony manager, Tony/Hahn acquires end of line guys who played for / know Tony (Lynn, Eaton, Kelly, Diekman, Jake Lamb, etc.) plus Hendriks, the one legitimate signing.
  • 2022 - No further legitimate signings (Graveman, Leury)
  • 2023 - Payroll reductions begin with Jerry having no further incentive to prop up his crony manager. No legitimate acquisitions (the LFer is a joke).
  • 2024 - Payroll reductions continue in earnest between July - November 2023, FA acquisition hold will continue indefinitely on the road to getting payroll to the 15th - 20th MLB level.
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

is Romy the worst player on a MLB roster? He could very well be. A zero tool player.

The only thing he brings to the table is athleticism. None of which translates to being a good baseball player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He made one defensive play this year that pretty much saved a game... but you have to send him down and give Remillard an opportunity, Erick Gonzalez, basically ANYONE else. 

36 minutes ago, Saufley said:

How did that description work with the new rookie manager!? 

That was only half of the formula I suggested. Yes Pedro was from the outside. Unfortunately you missed the key part of my post which was from a winning organization from the outside. Pedro did not come from a winning organization. KC in fact has one of the worst records since their last winning season in 2015, at 449-607 .425 PCT. In fact just last year they lost 97 games and in 2018-2019 they lost back to back 103 and 104 games. 

I have preached this numerous times in numerous posts here, I want the next Sox Pres and GM from a TB, LAD, NYY, ATL, MIL type winning baseball team, that not only understand how to win, but experience developing young talent and building a strong farm system

14 minutes ago, soxfaninfl said:

Honestly, they need to fire now. You cannot allow this to continue to fester. The damage will only become greater AND a message needs to be sent.

This is purgatory my friend. Firing anyone wont help, someone worse will be brought in. The players are all broken and dont care. Best case scenario is to literally just have a historically awful season and be the laughingstock of MLB so that every single person in this organization can have their egos and pride irreparably broken as well. That at least may provide us a small chance of selling before JR dies. 

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They were not legitimately trying to contend this entire period. They have never corrected 2B or RF this entire time, never built the starting pitching depth and solid bullpen required to advance in the playoffs.

• 2017-2019 - Tanking
  • 2020 - Shortened season, 2 viable starting pitchers with no upgrades due to "catastrophic losses" we all know were a crock of s%*#. This was a planned tanking season until the 60 game Central schedule farse made them "contenders".
  • 2021 - Jerry hires crony manager, Tony/Hahn acquires end of line guys who played for / know Tony (Lynn, Eaton, Kelly, Diekman, Jake Lamb, etc.) plus Hendriks, the one legitimate signing.
  • 2022 - No further legitimate signings (Graveman, Leury)
  • 2023 - Payroll reductions begin with Jerry having no further incentive to prop up his crony manager. No legitimate acquisitions (the LFer is a joke).
  • 2024 - Payroll reductions continue in earnest between July - November 2023, FA acquisition hold will continue indefinitely on the road to getting payroll to the 15th - 20th MLB level.

They have already fallen from #7/8 to 12/13...I'd even guess low 20's after this season. 

Ironically... we were right there with the Cubs heading into the year. 

Once again...efficiency of spending, versus actual dollars allocated, is the key point. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, South Sider said:

The organization has failed these players. Robert on almost any other team that has accountability would be a competent hitter who doesnt just luck into a bomb now and then.

You mean a guy with enormous power who rarely tries to pull the ball in the air?

1 minute ago, Sambuca said:

How are you all still finding words for this?

I'm firmly in middle age now and I've been a big sports fan for over three decades now and I really cannot remember a team that expected to at least be decent that stumbled this bad out of the gate. They aren't just losing, they are not even competitive.

• Like 1

I liked the Pedro hire. I loved how he talked about preparation and going out and kicking the opponent's ass every night. Obviously, he can't execute. So either it's either the players or the staff. If it's the players, Hahn and KW need to go. If it's the staff, they need to be replaced while you can still salvage something. Which is it? TBH, it's probably a lot of both.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm firmly in middle age now and I've been a big sports fan for over three decades now and I really cannot remember a team that expected to at least be decent that stumbled this bad out of the gate. They aren't just losing, they are not even competitive.

And seem like they are counting down the days until the season is over

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I liked the Pedro hire. I loved how he talked about preparation and going out and kicking the opponent's ass every night. Obviously, he can't execute. So either it's either the players or the staff. If it's the players, Hahn and KW need to go. If it's the staff, they need to be replaced while you can still salvage something. Which is it? TBH, it's probably a lot of both.

Lynn’s excuse yesterday was what you hear in college football when the offense looks awful in the spring game under a new coordinator 

2 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

So Colas shows the expected rookie slow down after the league adjusts to him and he now can't crack the startling lineup.  Classic White Sox, the season is already meaningless, let him take his lumps and play nearly every day. 

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Colas is batting .100 vs lefties this year. Sheets and Haseley should never be in vs lefties. So yeah. Maybe play Colas and get some experience but yes, these are the bodies he has.

Andrus, to his credit, has a .375 OBP vs Lefites this year in 24 PAs. Not a big sample size but at this point, may as well be 1.000 for what we are dealing with.

There is no making a good line-up here.

Unfortunately the option at RF today is Romy who not only can’t hit either, but his defense is terrible in the outfield.  Has already muffed two balls by the 4 th inning.