4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

27 ABs by sox hitters. 14 Ks. Why not just DFA the entire roster and call up the Barons roster. How much worse could it get? Maybe they lose 8-1 instead of 7-0. JR could save a lot of money. 

Strike outs are sooo boring. I've noticed Sox hitters whiff way too much. Not fun to watch.

7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

How about Benintendi has an average of .295 and none of the other starters have an average above .240

I didn't have a problem signing him but give it time, he'll make his average acceptable to White Sox standards and fit right in with our line up around .240. He just hasn't acquired the full White Sox funk quite yet, that is standard for FA's once they arrive on the South Side.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep, also seems like a completely broken clubhouse.  The antics between Eloy and Robert yesterday was embarrassing, and many people have pointed out how Eloy doesn’t interact with anyone on the bench now.

Is he? I watch almost exclusively on opposing broadcasts to avoid Benetti and Bacon.  Eloy’s act is long worn out, hopefully the first guy out the door.

2 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

27 ABs by sox hitters. 14 Ks. Why not just DFA the entire roster and call up the Barons roster. How much worse could it get? Maybe they lose 8-1 instead of 7-0. JR could save a lot of money. 

"I'll talk to Rick, thanks"

jerry.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you have a roster you think is a contender, absolutely. 

If the roster isn't a contender, and is as bad as teams you had when you were trying to lose, you need to fix the front office.

Well I'm not saying there was some obvious first place roster out there, and it's not a pro-front office statement, but there was no reason to believe this group of players should go 7-18 and look like maybe they were lucky to win as many as 7.

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

So...I don't want to act like the manager really matters all that much, but when things are going *this* badly you've gotta wonder about the manager right?

It's pretty obvious Pedro was a bad hire. Sox should have been in no hurry to hire a fricking manager. Team made no roster changes in the offseason. Geez ... White Sox, Hire the right guy someday. Bring in a consultant for gosh sakes (can't believe I said that).

4 minutes ago, Jake said:

I have tried to disengage a little bit but Eloy definitely looks completely joyless in my observations

I'll say this, Eloy wanted to prove he was a MLB outfielder that we all know he's not, but Pedro starting of infielders Romy and Sheets while Eloy was at DH had to hurt his ego.

Who on the White Sox has clearly met or exceeded expectations thus far? Burger and... I don't know, Middleton and Santos I guess. Cease not a disaster by any stretch but I'm not sure if he's really at the expectation yet. Giolito also not a disaster so it depends what your expectations were.

Just now, TheBooneLoganEra said:

To say he's in over his head is an understatement. Another tremendously bad move from Hahn. Throw something, take it out on an umpire, get angry ffs.

Anyone that thought the Sox would hire an outsider with a strong personality was clearly lying to themselves.  They always were going to hire someone that they could overpower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Well I'm not saying there was some obvious first place roster out there, and it's not a pro-front office statement, but there was no reason to believe this group of players should go 7-18 and look like maybe they were lucky to win as many as 7.

Their lack of much action the last couple of offseasons and trade deadline last year indicates they seem to think they have a pretty stacked roster. If it's stacked and youre 7-18, the manager and coaching staff have to go.

First trade. Eloy to the Royals for some of their young minor league pitching stars plus Chicagoans Massey and Lopez to become our new Leurys. The current Leurys stink. Eloy still has a name. Trade him now,

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Anyone that thought the Sox would hire an outsider with a strong personality was clearly lying to themselves.  They always were going to hire someone that they could overpower.

I'm beginning to think they heard exactly what they wanted to hear from Pedro. Not about his style, but about their players.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

First trade. Eloy to the Royals for some of their young minor league pitching stars plus Chicagoans Massey and Lopez to become our new Leurys. The current Leurys stink. Eloy still has a name. Trade him now,

We could trade them all of those Hi Mom bobbleheads too so KC would have a nice promotion.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I'm beginning to think they heard exactly what they wanted to hear from Pedro. Not about his style, but about their players.

Would it cost much to dump Pedro? Oz would fill in the rest of the season for cheap. Or really make it fun and hire AJP just as interim the rest of the year. Sox have to do something "fun."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Their lack of much action the last couple of offseasons and trade deadline last year indicates they seem to think they have a pretty stacked roster. If it's stacked and youre 7-18, the manager and coaching staff have to go.

No doubt about it, while again I'm very much on the general side of "coaches don't matter much" this is the kind of situation that could justify a quick hook. But I think the front office knows deep down that even if Grifol is fucking up he's not being given good players and it wouldn't surprise me if Reinsdorf would disallow a managerial change at this point. I know we all hate Reinsdorf etc etc but any decent owner who found himself in this situation would not allow his front office to make any decisions with long-term consequences right now. And if it goes on much longer you'd have to make the rare midseason firing of the GM (and in this case VP) in furtherance of that goal