Sox @ Tigers 12:40

15 hours ago, JoshPR said:

I admire your optimism. There's a really slight chance. Pedro needs to keep a consistent lineup to see if they finally get momentum. Guys like Robert have to step up on offense and Defense. 

I'm not blind I can see even when the team is whole it still has holes.

There are plenty of reasons for the bitching and complaining and whining that seems to prevail here. Everyone has a right to post their feelings.

None of us can affect the outcome of the games or seasons. Even the best teams win championships rarely. Disappointment is the nature of being a fan.

Me? I prefer to have hope rather than gloom and doom. Its simply more fun that way. If people are not enjoying being a fan then perhaps they are finding enjoyment in failure. Whatever floats your boat boys.

We have all seen enough baseball to know nothing is settled in May. They have been better lately. I see some reason to believe we could find some fun this summer. GO SOX!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

There are plenty of reasons for the bitching and complaining and whining that seems to prevail here. Everyone has a right to post their feelings.

None of us can affect the outcome of the games or seasons. Even the best teams win championships rarely. Disappointment is the nature of being a fan.

Me? I prefer to have hope rather than gloom and doom. Its simply more fun that way. If people are not enjoying being a fan then perhaps they are finding enjoyment in failure. Whatever floats your boat boys.

We have all seen enough baseball to know nothing is settled in May. They have been better lately. I see some reason to believe we could find some fun this summer. GO SOX!

The problem is that your hope is my doom and gloom. Because we also have all seen enough baseball to know how this goes.

Theyre now as healthy as any team in baseball. That should set them up to play .500 ish ball over the next tough stretch of games.

So they go into the all star break 8 or 10 games under .500 but only 6-7 games back in the division. Rick Hahn doesn’t sell anything off and adds a reliever, he spends their draft trying to find other relievers to help right now. One more losing streak in the 2nd half and they finish 8 or 10 games back, but Rick reminds management how hard it was to get to third place and what a great job he did, so nothing changes, again.  

So we keep doing this, and limp through a 74 win season next year, probably after signing another domestic abuser because we can afford them. 

You know, hope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The problem is that your hope is my doom and gloom. Because we also have all seen enough baseball to know how this goes.

Theyre now as healthy as any team in baseball. That should set them up to play .500 ish ball over the next tough stretch of games.

So they go into the all star break 8 or 10 games under .500 but only 6-7 games back in the division. Rick Hahn doesn’t sell anything off and adds a reliever, he spends their draft trying to find other relievers to help right now. One more losing streak in the 2nd half and they finish 8 or 10 games back, but Rick reminds management how hard it was to get to third place and what a great job he did, so nothing changes, again.  

So we keep doing this, and limp through a 74 win season next year, probably after signing another domestic abuser because we can afford them. 

You know, hope.

Whats the alternative? I love MLB and The Sox are my team. I hurt when they lose, but I'm tired of crying in my beer.

1 minute ago, soxrwhite said:

Whats the alternative? I love MLB and The Sox are my team. I hurt when they lose, but I'm tired of crying in my beer.

They lose enough that Rick Hahn has no choice but to make moves he doesn’t want to make. Maybe he sells off a couple pieces. Finally he gets fired at the end of the year. 

Can’t be worse.

• Like 2

Ok, thats gonna happen or not happen. 

On to today's game. Can young Mr.Kopech reel in his control and composure and toss another gem? Even with that will the defense and baserunning and bullpen not ruin it? Can we muster more than 3 hits?

Maybe home cooking will help.

Vaughn is in a scary slump. He looks bad for awhile now. I predict him, sheets and Burger key this game. BTW who goes down when Liam is activated?

42 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They lose enough that Rick Hahn has no choice but to make moves he doesn’t want to make. Maybe he sells off a couple pieces. Finally he gets fired at the end of the year. 

Can’t be worse.

That would be great... But it ain't happening

2 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

Bro a team 15 under has never made the playoffs. Yes, a season can be over in May. They just got stomped by a bad Detroit team. 

I know the old message board trope about never giving up, real fans, blah blah blah you are channeling but it doesn't work with a team this bad.

• Like 1