And that's an I Can't Help Falling In Love With You Elvis Andrus White Sox Winner.

South Side Hit Men

So to me there are two questions to that play. The first is whether or not the rule was applied correctly, and the second is whether or not the rule is reasonable.

It does seem to me that the rule was applied correctly. I don't agree that the throw "clearly" beat the runner as the runner had started his dive by the time the ball was in the glove. It's also clear that the runner was angling for the foul side of the plate and that's the side where the catcher set up. The runner had to change his path to avoid a collision.

As to whether the rule is reasonable, I think not. I don't think that kind of play should be considered a violation, although I don't know how you tweak the rule to fix that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Jerry Reinsdorf clearly knew Tony La Russa’s physical agility and mental prowess would give the White Sox an overwhelming advantage, including the ability to pinch run for Grandal and Vaughn.

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry Reinsdorf clearly knew Tony La Russa’s physical agility and mental prowess would give the White Sox an overwhelming advantage, including the ability to pinch run for Grandal and Vaughn.

Tony and Uncle Joe should be our designated pinch runners :)

• Haha 1