Moncada

soxfan49

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The angst comes from the fact this could be a persistent and possibly career ending injury if he can't recover and be effective, and the Sox' recent track record with assessing treating in season injuries.

It's not the Eloy has a mosquito bite, he's sitting out 26 games to recover across three different minor league facilities to find his favorite one and keep his rate stats high type injury.

Moncada has had back issues before and this is not new, I am betting surgery is a possibility this off season 

48 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Moncada has had back issues before and this is not new, I am betting surgery is a possibility this off season 

I can almost guarantee it. Moncada will insist on it because he knows this is the final year of his contract, the Sox won't be resigning him and he needs to make a good impression on a potential future team. 

• Like 1

I noticed again last night at the game that when Moncada bats from the left side the opposing teams third baseman is basically playing shortstop. The whole  third base line is  unoccupied. All he would have to do is bunt the ball down the third base line and he could easily get to first base without a play. Then again, maybe he doesn't know how to bunt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I noticed again last night at the game that when Moncada bats from the left side the opposing teams third baseman is basically playing shortstop. The whole  third base line is  unoccupied. All he would have to do is bunt the ball down the third base line and he could easily get to first base without a play. Then again, maybe he doesn't know how to bunt.

And maybe he's been told "not to run hard" to prevent another injury. 😆

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

That is a great observation. The problem for that is the following:

1, Moncada does not have a smart baseball IQ.

2. Grifol is horrible at in-game decisions and playing smart situational baseball.

3. The entire team probably can't bunt because Grifol and his coaching staff never made the players learn to bunt. 

• Like 1