7/7: Cards @ Sox

ChiSox59

Not so good outing from Cease aside, and not really my kind of game, but I wish that we could have more games like this . The Sox are not going anywhere this season, or season's to come, for awhile, but last night was still fun and exciting . Luis Robert Jr. with another home run & now with 50 rib's . I don't care what anyone says, I still think rbi's matter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yes the Sox pitching staff is poorly constructed for modern baseball. Starters going 5 1/3 innings max doesn't work with a team with OK (sometimes) but mostly ineffective bullpen. And the lineup is also poorly constructed for modern baseball. Yes Sox have 3-4 guys productive with the HR ball but everybody else is an abject failure at launch angle including Timmy.

Why can't the Sox figure it out they have it all wrong. I hate openers but the way the Sox are constructed, they should be using 8-9 starters who go 2 innings max. Unless Sox can get starters who can go 7 like the old days, I'd prefer two innings apiece with 4-5 pitchers a game. Let Cease go 2 several times a week, ditto the other "openers."

Do u all agree with me the Sox are ill equipped for modern MLB and that's a huge concern?

Not sure about the ‘modern baseball’ aspect but the problem with Sox pitching is control. I literally scream at the games sometimes asking ‘do we have to go 3-2 on everyone????’

Too many times, pitchers are more concerned about swing and misses than just pitching for soft contact and the out, especially to low BA hitters who peskily foul off pitches. Too many throw away, non-competitive pitches too. I just feel it’s a lack of confidence in something - their stuff, the defense… It’s just a flawed team. Not going to argue that.

• Like 1

Great to see Robert hit another home run and Burger having one of his best games. Plus another awesome game from Remi. However we need to keep this win in perspective. We beat a bad Cardinals team that has a similar W-L record to the Sox.

Another bad outing for Cease does not bode well for those in here who want to trade Cease. He has maybe 3 more starts before the trade deadline. Unless all three are great outings, like he used to have, the prospects back on a Dylan trade aren't going to be very good as they could have been. 

We are going down a slippery slope right now, because Rick Hahn is delusional and still thinks they can win the Central and do damage in the playoffs as he was quoted last week. These wins are fun, but they are meaningless and detrimental to the future of this franchise, due to a imbecile GM making the decisions.

Keep in mind in the second half we start with the following games:

@ Braves 3

@ Mets 3

@ Twins 3

Home - Cubs 2

Home - Guardians 4

@ Rangers 3

@ Guardians 4 

Home - Yankees 3

Home - Brewers 3 

That is not a schedule where the Sox can get on a hot streak and improve on their 14 games under 500, to  get on a path to winning the Central.

• Fire 1