7/7: Cards @ Sox

ChiSox59

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

No Colas.  But Elvis continues to play.  

Yeah that makes sense Pedro.

In a season where we aren't going anywhere, let's play Andrus a  "washed up" 34 yr old (35 next month) at 2B in instead of Remi at 2B. Hell we don't need to see if Remi could be our regular 2b of the future. Instead let's put Remi in RF instead of Colas. Likewise, I guess it's not that important either to play Colas daily in RF, to see if he can be the regular RF of the future. 

Stupid Is as Stupid Does.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

So with this latest jackass version of the 26 man roster facing LH starters, you are stuck with Sheets and Colas sitting paired with two backup catchers as your bench, and Remillard playing OF because your actual and faux RFers are LH.

Remillard Positions Played (College and Professional)

• 1B: 109
  • 2B :105
  • SS: 202
  • 3B: 489
  • RF: 18 <= You are here vs. LH Starters
  • CF: 10
  • LF: 40
  • DH: 3

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just tried to post what I think the lineup should look like, but that exercise was too depressing.

But, on August 1, I want to see Colas every day in RF, Perez on the roster at catcher, Sosa as the starting second baseman.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I just tried to post what I think the lineup should look like, but that exercise was too depressing.

But, on August 1, I want to see Colas every day in RF, Perez on the roster at catcher, Sosa as the starting second baseman.

C : Perez/Zavala
1B: Vaughn
2B: Remillard
SS: Sosa
3B: Burger
LF: Benintendi
CF: Robert
RF: Colas
DH: Eloy

SP: Kopech, Banks, Schultens, .......I can't even finish the rotation, that makes me vomit.

Cease goes in at 3 and 3 wins. Is my memory correct that Cease was 2 and 0 after his 1st three starts, a little more than two weeks into the season?

I have a friend who is a Yankees fan, and I bet him that Cease would have more wins this year than Rodon. I was betting expecting that Rodon would be injured and miss a huge part of the season. The funny part is that I was completely right, but I could still lose the bet because the Sox have sucked so badly. And Cease has certainly done his fair share of sucking up too.

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

Are we really all that confident in Sosa over Remillard at 2B?

Guess they might as well let him sink or swim until the next wave of Popeye Ramos and Montgomery arrives.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

The Cardinals suck but beyond their catcher who was just promoted, their worst OPS is .714, with two .745 and the remaining six from .783-.852.

Cardinals' story all about pitching...lack of team chemistry and the ongoing changeover from Molina to Contreras.

• Like 1